Forums Latest Members
  1. daniel3140 Apr 16, 2019

Hi - newbie here, enjoying the UG threads. I came across the pictured Polerouter in a vintage shop for $925 today. Initially found the markers quite unattractive, but they are slightly growing on me. I have only seen one other with similar dial (is it even original or a hack job?) The condition is mediocre, but is it a reasonable price? Only saw it briefly, but appeared to be in fine working order.

Any and all input is much appreciated.

IMG_0078.JPG
  2. Mazoue Apr 16, 2019

Do you have any more photos? Can you read the case reference?

3. sjg22 Apr 16, 2019

Nice Polerouters are not overly difficult to find.

I would hold out for a better one, given level of polish and dial condition.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 16, 2019

Not worth half the asking price, IMO.

For that money, you can do much better.

There’s usually 1 or 2 for sale in this forum at any point in time. Check it out.
    gatorcpa

Woops likes this.
  5. daniel3140 Apr 16, 2019

Thanks for the responses. I only have this pic of the back, which can't really be read. The watch kind of seems like a hybrid of Date and Jet models.

IMG_2810.PNG
  6. Vitezi Apr 16, 2019

ShaneH and sdre like this.
  7. Woops Apr 17, 2019

I echo the sentiments of others above. There seem to be some lovely Polerouters floating around for sale at the moment, both in the Private Watch Sales section of this forum and the wider world, although admittedly mostly trading around $1,500. For a bit more cash I think you could get a much nicer example.

8. ShaneH Apr 17, 2019

Would you need to factor a service in to the price too? I'd likewise be very reluctant when a bit of patience and searching will reward you with a Polerouter in much better condition.

Edited Apr 17, 2019
  9. KstateSkier Apr 17, 2019

@daniel3140 did you come across this @ Cool Vintage Watches in Parkville? It looks like the shop owners style of photography? If so I would steer clear. His watches generally look much worse in person than in his photographs and his prices are nearly double what they should be. I've been in his shop many times and never been able to buy anything simply because his prices are too high, he's not very negotiable and the watches simply aren't in the kind of condition I expect to buy watches.

10. daniel3140 Apr 17, 2019

Yes, this is from Cool Vintage Watches. Thanks for the input. I'm going to pass on this one, and I'll take a look at what's available on the forum.

Thanks all.

ShaneH likes this.