Pogue, buy of leave?

Posts
1,561
Likes
3,672
Hi Jaco,

If you are hoping for a meaningful response you may want to include the following in your post

Price
Caseback photo with engraved numbers and wording
Your thoughts and observations
What the sellers description is
What you know about the seller
Etc. Etc.

I have a pogue and I love it but am not an expert and they are an absolute minefield. There are some good websites with lots of info regarding spotting fakes and the various "tells" regarding this.
Read up and then come back with more info.
 
Posts
1,503
Likes
2,432
I think price is the key issue here. I don’t love the missing lume on the hands and damage on the subdial but if the price was right I would swap the hands and be good with it
 
Posts
100
Likes
902
All ready Big thanks for the reply's.
Asking price is 695€
 
Posts
100
Likes
902
Seller has good reviews, the watch is from 1976 and had a service.
 
Posts
71
Likes
192
I'd request closer pics of the seconds- and sub dial hands, hard to judge their condition or if they might have been replaced in the current ones.
 
Posts
12
Likes
62
I have seen a lot worse. The dial (bar the lume rot) is actually in very good condition and the H/M hands could easily be relumed (as could the dial). The movement (from what we can see of it) looks clean with no obvious signs of abuse.
Everything looks original (or at least correct).
 
Posts
3,596
Likes
7,812
Subdial has a lot of damage, hands are bad, lume is fair-poor, rotating bezel very faded. I don't think its redial or fake but poor condition I would leave for sure.
 
Posts
6,461
Likes
21,977
Leave, as soon as you're out of sight, run.

(You'll find a better one, guaranteed. )
 
Posts
100
Likes
902
Thx all for your advice. The search goes on. If Anyone of you bumps into something feel free tot let me know. Grts
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,104
Same as before….

Question…is this a true Pogue ?

This is what you call a Pogue

 
Posts
100
Likes
902
I;m not looking for a real pogue. buth that doesn't mean that I have to buy a watch that is crap and not worth 700€.