Please help me identify this watch!

Hello, my grandmother has asked me to do some research on this watch and some others, she inherited it from her father I believe.
Apart from that we don’t know much about it unfortunately. I tried to do some digging but don’t think I found anything substantial so hopefully you can help!
I’d love to know anything you know about the watch, the name & reference, the date of production, anything really.
I would love to wear this watch and also want to know if you’d advise me to send it to omega for a service or something.
A value estimate would also be nice to know.

Many thanks.

Welcome. I have no expertise in these, but members who do will no doubt be along soon. You will find a lot of answers - or cues to help others to help you - engraved inside the caseback. Do not attempt to remove that yourself, but any competent watchmaker (NB as opposed to a mall battery-changer) can do that for you. If you are going to wear the watch, it will need a service from said watchmaker anyway (over decades, oils dry and gear teeth grind, etc.). To my eye, the crown is slightly out of true, which may not be a good sign. No need to send it to Omega, who would charge more than this watch merits for making it look as new rather than an heirloom or collector's piece. The forum can tell you about good options near you if that's the route you want to go.
This might be quite a pleasant piece (is that English hallmarking I see under the 8 o'clock lug?), once the scratched crystal is sorted out. But we would all benefit from better photos, sharp and in natural light. The true shade of the dial is still a bit mysterious, for example.
Finally - and no intrusion is intended - I couldn't quite stack the chronology. I'm guessing you are a young guy, and your great-grandfather was also fairly young when he acquired this. Whatever, the serial numbers inside will tell their story, within a few years either way.

Looks interesting, 1940s maybe. Maybe solid gold? You would need to get the case back off. If you post where you live you can get some watchmaker recommendations.

You can pry off the back with a small sharp knife. There will be a obvious spot to insert it if you look closely.

Welcome. I have no expertise in these, but members who do will no doubt be along soon. You will find a lot of answers - or cues to help others to help you - engraved inside the caseback. Do not attempt to remove that yourself, but any competent watchmaker (NB as opposed to a mall battery-changer) can do that for you. If you are going to wear the watch, it will need a service from said watchmaker anyway (over decades, oils dry and gear teeth grind, etc.). To my eye, the crown is slightly out of true, which may not be a good sign. No need to send it to Omega, who would charge more than this watch merits for making it look as new rather than an heirloom or collector's piece. The forum can tell you about good options near you if that's the route you want to go.
This might be quite a pleasant piece (is that English hallmarking I see under the 8 o'clock lug?), once the scratched crystal is sorted out. But we would all benefit from better photos, sharp and in natural light. The true shade of the dial is still a bit mysterious, for example.
Finally - and no intrusion is intended - I couldn't quite stack the chronology. I'm guessing you are a young guy, and your great-grandfather was also fairly young when he acquired this. Whatever, the serial numbers inside will tell their story, within a few years either way.

Thanks for the advice I greatly appreciate it.
I’m 18 if that helps stack. Could you explain what you mean by ‘the crown is slightly out’ and how that could affect the watch, and sorry about the subpar photos, I’ll add some better ones in natural light tomorrow.
If someone could recommend a watchmaker in London for the removal of the caseback and service that would be wonderful.
There does seam to be a hallmark on the 2 o’clock lug, but nothing from the 8 o’clock if I’m looking correctly.

Looks interesting, 1940s maybe. Maybe solid gold? You would need to get the case back off. If you post where you live you can get some watchmaker recommendations.
I’m in London

Nice Omega you got there. Please follow the suggestions you get here so you can properly preserve it's heritage :thumbsup:

Could you explain what you mean by ‘the crown is slightly out’ and how that could affect the watch

The crown is not straight. Hard to say why without photos of the movement, but it could be missing the case screws, causing it (the movement) to rotate slightly. Might also be that the crown was replaced and not attached correctly to the stem. In any case a watchmaker should be able to fix it.

E9DFE9AF-1ACB-4F72-B3CF-3462B946CE01.jpeg

The crown is not straight. Hard to say why without photos of the movement, but it could be missing the case screws, causing it (the movement) to rotate slightly. Might also be that the crown was replaced and not attached correctly to the stem. In any case a watchmaker should be able to fix it.

E9DFE9AF-1ACB-4F72-B3CF-3462B946CE01.jpeg
Thanks for the explanation

There does seam to be a hallmark on the 2 o’clock lug, but nothing from the 8 o’clock if I’m looking correctly.
Sorry, my bad, got my axes of rotation wrong - I did mean 2. These marks can help work out where (even, when) the watch was cased.

In one picture it's visible on a lug a "mark" ..Not very clear. What is written there? Anyway for complete knowldge of the watch you will have to open it to see the reference number, caliber etc.

did you ever get your watch to a watchmaker and if so what was the verdict?

My guess is that is a 9k gold Dennison cased 13322 and will have a 26X movement.