Forums Latest Members
  1. Hanibal74 May 5, 2024

Hi All,

I'm trying to identify this vintage Omega. It was given to my father by his father-in-law. He has asked me to try and identify this watch.

We know very little about it.

Cheers.

image-06-05-24-11-55.jpg
  2. speedb May 5, 2024

looks like an omega with a little bit of water damage. do you have any other photos??
    Many omegas didn't have a sub-brand - the only other information you can find is the serial number and case reference number which can be found on the mechanism and inside the back of the case.

3. Hanibal74 May 5, 2024

Thanks for the quick response. Here are a couple of extra images. It is a wind up and still works. I don't think it has been worn in 50 years.

Could it be a century? Do you think it should be restored or kept as is? I

Cheers.

image-06-05-24-01-04.jpg image-06-05-24-01-05.jpg
  4. speedb May 6, 2024

not a century - it's an omega omega.
    the only solid identifying information will be inside the watch itself. have the crystal replaced (20-30$) and then decide whether you want to have the mechanism serviced.

Hanibal74 and Mark020 like this.
  5. Hanibal74 May 7, 2024

Thanks @speedb. Heading in tomorrow to a Authorized Omega repairer to drop it in for a quote.

Cheers.

6. SOG53 May 7, 2024

Be aware if you bring it to Omega AD or OB they will want to send it to Suisse and it will be very expensive perhaps multiples of watch value. You will be better off with independent watchmaker with Omega parts account. If you give your general location members may be able to make recommendation. Good luck !!

7. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 8, 2024

Before you spend anything, you should decide if it has strong sentimental value or not.
    Just from the style it looks like a late 50s or 1960s watch, nothing special about it, and the condition of the dial means it has essentially no collectible value.
    Depending on location, Service costs may reach from 150 to several hundreds of major currencies US/ Euro/ Swiss francs or pounds.
    It will be a sunken cost which will allow you to use the watch and if it’s got sentimental value then it is worth it. But you would never be able to recoup those costs by selling the watch if that’s what you intend.

From a monetary view point, the main value of the watch is in its movement and parts.