Forums Latest Members

Please help me find a strap for my CK 2998 Pulsometer

1. 83n Mar 30, 2020

Hi,

I made a thread about the watch some time ago. So as you may know, I have a Speedmaster CK 2998 Pulsometer:

https://www.omegawatches.com/de/wat...ch/speedmaster-ck2998-limited-edition/product

I love that watch... almost everything about it: The size, the look... but there are two gripes I have about it.

The first one is the readability. In a certain lighting it can be hard to read. But that's no big deal for me.

The second one is a bigger problem: the strap. Don't get me wrong. It fits the watch perfectly and I am afraid I will never find a better looking one. But I am just no leather guy. I don't like the feel of it and also how vulnerable it is. I even thought about selling the watch!

So do you have an idea for a rubber strap or metal bracelet? I read about people who use the the Speedmaster Racing bracelets with the FOIS - which should have the same case as mine. But they are a bit to expensive for me and some guys also reported that they scratch the casing.

Then I found some pictures of the watch on the 40 mm Speedmaster Racing rubber strap. That would be a great solution but I generally don‘t like big brandings on my stuft:

https://www.omegawatches.com/de/watches/speedmaster/racing/40-mm-collection/product

I also thought about getting an Omega Nato since that is about my budget (150 €) but there is none with all three colors the Pulsometer uses.

So I am grateful for any 19 mm strap idea other than leather for 200 € max that would let me enjoy the watch more!

fskywalker likes this.
  2. wilderbeast Mar 30, 2020

Have you thought about a Milanese bracelet? Seems to straddle the strap/bracelet divide well, has plenty of vintage style, very comfortable...

I bought one for my C-case Connie (also 19mm lug width) and its nothing expensive - aftermarket by Geckota - but it’s a very cost-effective way to dress the watch. You’ll find genuine Omega ones coming up for sale here in the accessories and parts section.

a JB Champion might be out of your budget, but the Forstner Komfit reissues won’t be...

Just a couple of thoughts.

0E553614-BB74-4739-84E8-FCDF148139DE.png 96CDF427-8ADE-44A9-A791-BC930FBDB8EE.jpeg

nfranco and 83n like this.
  3. sah Mar 30, 2020

Is the strap newish? I was thinking it might feel better after weeks of break in. As far as vulnerable, I have personally transitioned to a new phase in my watch wearing career. I am no longer worrying about ever scuff or scratch, and appreciating what an actively worn watch should look like. I am wearing them and enjoying more.

83n likes this.
  4. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Mar 30, 2020

83n likes this.
  5. 83n Mar 30, 2020

Thanks I have a Rios in brown but for me it has the same downsides as other leather straps.

That Geckota mesh looks nice. Thank you for the input. But the price is rather low for a metal band. How is the quality?

I thought about a Komfit but to me it rather seems like a gimmick than a strap I would wear the watch in every day.

6. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Mar 31, 2020

Just about all mesh bracelets are well-made. The only question is whether it is comfortable.

Do not buy a magnetic one, messes with mechanical watches.

Tom

83n likes this.
  7. wilderbeast Mar 31, 2020

The Geckota feels great, very comfortable and looks good. A lot of bracelet for the money IMO.

if you like the style, I noticed there is a 19mm OEM Milanese in the parts forum if you want to spend more money! ;)

83n likes this.
  8. 83n Mar 31, 2020

Ok thank you. It‘s not that much money and I have two other watches with 19 mm so maybe I will give it a shot.

Do you mean the one with the golden logo on the clasp? That is a bit too oldschool for me but thanks.

I just found that Hirsch in 19 mm:
    https://www.stetefeld-design.de/speed-calf

While it is also leather I like the idea that you can resize it very fitting on the fly. Does anyone know that strap and the clasp?

9. wilderbeast Mar 31, 2020

10. wilderbeast Mar 31, 2020

Looks like someone has already tried my mesh on your watch:

844465D4-C0F5-4E22-BCEC-930915AAFBC1.jpeg

(Photo: @bond_holmes on IG)

semper_shells, nfranco and 83n like this.
  11. 83n Mar 31, 2020

Ok that does look really nice.

wilderbeast likes this.
  12. texasmade Mar 31, 2020

If you want a rubber strap, you can get the Seamaster Planet Ocean 39.5mm Deep Black rubber strap. It's 19mm tapers to 18mm at the buckle so you'll need to buy an 18mm deployante clasp. It'll probably be around $500 plus tax in total.

I've seen a picture of the strap on a FOIS floating around somewhere and looks nice. It's an integrated look.

Found the picture.

AA2F2D21-75EE-4A11-838F-CA5E5654EF9F.jpeg

Edited Mar 31, 2020
    DiiQue, wilderbeast and 83n like this.
  13. 83n Mar 31, 2020

Ohhhh that is a great idea! It even has white stiching!! Perfect!

Well, a bit expensive maybe.

I am currently selling a watch. So when I get a good price I think I will go for that combination!

Thank you!

texasmade likes this.
  14. nfranco Mar 31, 2020

For what it's worth. I have one of the Komfit replicas on a speedmaster professional and while it is very light, it is very comfortable and does not feel cheap or gimmicky. Has a similar feel to putting the watch on a nato strap.
    Edit: Sorry about the large photo.

IMG_6225.jpg
    Edited Apr 1, 2020
    Baz9614, 83n and LeonDeBayonne like this.
  15. fskywalker Apr 3, 2020

Any steel bracelet will scratch the rear case area by the lugs. The 1564/975, 1565/976 speedmaster racing bracelets work well, there are also a couple of options with older bracelets / end links too.

83n likes this.
  16. 83n Apr 4, 2020

That is interesting, thank you.

I contacted Omega Germany about that.

They won‘t sell straps separately but offer them to you when you send in your watch to let them change it. So you have to have the officially matching watch.

I already found the bracelet online for 599 £. Do you know the seller Swiss watch spares? Is the side trustworthy?

FYI: the very nice lady from Omega at least gave me the article numbers for the Speedmaster Racing Rubber O98000416 and the clasp 94521873. Unfortunately there are no offers for the rubber online.

fskywalker likes this.
  17. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 4, 2020

That is a line of shit. Send that information to Omega in Bienne (or Biel, if you prefer) and they will shut that shit down forthwith.

Whoever told you that deserves to be fired.

Tom

18. stevec14 Apr 4, 2020

Correct - during normal times a boutique will sell you whatever you like. When I bought my 1565 to go with my CK2998 they didn’t bat an eyelid, just said that as it was not designed specifically for the watch they couldn't make any guarantee about safety etc

this was in London - whether it’s different in Germany I couldn’t say

VetPsychWars likes this.
  19. 83n Apr 4, 2020

Sorry I should have been more specific. I didn’t contact an OB or boutique, I contacted the German Omega support. They told my I can order the straps in a boutique and that they themself don‘t send out separate straps.

20. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 4, 2020

Ah, that might be specific to Germany. In the USA, any jeweler can order from Omega USA as long as they know what they want to order.

Omega USA doesn't sell to individual as a rule.

Good luck with your quest!

Tom