Please help, is this Seamaster authentic

Hi, I’m hoping I’m going to be the owner of a Seamaster, I don’t have the watch yet, but have made the purchase, foolish I know, I really should have made my checks beforehand, impulse purchasing gets the better of me. I have used a credit card so should be protected. I can’t offer a model number or year, just some photos.

What did the seller say about the originality of the dial?

What did the seller say about the originality of the dial?

Alas these questions were not asked so answers were not given. My wife seems to think it’s a 166.171 dial in a different case, I may have to wait for it to arrive and have it assessed somewhere.

Alas these questions were not asked so answers were not given. My wife seems to think it’s a 166.171 dial in a different case, I may have to wait for it to arrive and have it assessed somewhere.

What makes her think that?

Like 1
What makes her think that?

The look of the hour markers are very similar and the hands are the same, hoping it might have been redialed, clutching at straws really, won’t know enough until it arrives. the 166.171 big square cream dial does look like a good match, but possibly altered ‍♂️

Dial appears to be correct for the reference, only it has been poorly refinished. No Switcheroo here.
Edited:

Like 1
The watch is legit, but from a collector's perspective it's not very appealing. The model itself isn't popular, the dial has been repainted, and the movement looks extremely tired. All that said, it's a stylized model that will appeal to some people, and if you're not concerned about collectibility or re-sale, you should probably just wear it and enjoy it. However, when the time comes that you need to invest several hundred into a movement service (which might be sooner rather than later), you might have a decision on your hands.

Like 2
Dial appear to be correct for the reference, only it has been poorly refinished. No Switcheroo here.

thansk for taking the time to help me. I’m relieved.

The watch is legit, but from a collector's perspective it's not very appealing. The model itself isn't popular, the dial has been repainted, and the movement looks extremely tired. All that said, it's a stylized model that will appeal to some people, and if you're not concerned about collectibility or re-sale, you should probably just wear it and enjoy it. However, when the time comes that you need to invest several hundred into a movement service (which might be sooner rather than later), you might have a decision on your hands.

Thanks for taking the time to help me. I appreciate your detailed reply, you guys are all so knowledgable and a credit to the forum, I will update when the watch arrives and I can get a good look at it.