Forums Latest Members

Please be nicer to thread creators and members

1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 16, 2020

Omega is not Rolex so cut the prestige crap talk about being able to get one. Basically everyone that was quick enough to throw a deposit or whatever on the 50th got one.
    The whole LE means limited so people were going to miss out.

The whole LE this, can’t get one, 321 is overpriced is getting annoying.

These are watches.

After reading

The October 5th thread. From page 5 onwards
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/october-5th-2020-snoopy-celebration.112405/page-5
    And
    @Robert-Jan s two threads on his 321. Hijacked by price point.

I have to say....Just cut the crap talk and admire the watches and be nice to others and don’t crap on someone’s thread. START YOUR OWN.

Evose, Kmart, flw and 42 others like this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 16, 2020

My response to threads that get derailed (beyond the normally acceptable limits of thread drift) is to bring out the Kittenhammer.

Kmart, Thrasher36, MMMD and 2 others like this.
  3. Vitezi Jul 16, 2020

[​IMG]

Syrte, ExpiredWatchdog, Kmart and 8 others like this.
  4. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 16, 2020

Huh, I have the hammer kitten:D
    faceu_1594257709963.jpeg

NOTE: No birds were harmed in this picture. Don't try this at home unless you are a trained professional.

Edited Jul 16, 2020
    Kmart, Thrasher36, mydeafcat and 2 others like this.
  5. ChiefMark Jul 16, 2020

I’ve enjoyed this forum because the members, for the most part, are polite and act with a modicum of proper decorum.
    Those threads were a train wreck. There are things one should learn early not to vocalize in polite company. Disparaging someone’s purchases based on price-point is way up on the list of gauche behaviors that say far more about the speaker than his or her intended target.
    Assuming it’s true that a Rolex AD or boutique sets aside it’s most desirable models for customers who spend grand sums, it’s a simple and polite move to just agree that the salesperson’s dismissive attitude reflected poorly on the brand. Choosing instead to communicate an embarrassingly condescending attitude about the watch someone bought was in bad taste. While it’s true that in the world of this hobby, a $7,500 watch may be at the low end of what is possible, it’s also true that someone who purchases a new F.P. Journe or Patek Phillipe would think a gold Rolex Presidential is mere pocket change.
    Something for all of us to keep in mind and hopefully learn some humility from: that disparaged $7,500 Rolex is 15.6% of the average annual income for US workers. Disparaging a watch like that for its low price displays a sordid level of snobbery and elitism.
    All of us who have the disposable income to own more than one watch - Timex, Hamilton, Omega, or A. Lange & Sohne - are blessed and our deportment should reflect that.

Syrte, Retsamaes, MTROIS and 53 others like this.
  6. Stripey Jul 16, 2020

:thumbsup:

7. Stripey Jul 16, 2020

Couldn't find an emoji for applause.

8. Dan S Jul 16, 2020

I don't generally read the MODERN OMEGA forum, but now I'm intrigued. ;)

Edit: I read the Snoopy thread, boring and content-free but definitely cringe-worthy because of the two or three members (who I'm not familiar with) that made asses of themselves. Fortunately, I don't think their attitude reflects that of OF as a whole. I've updated my "troll list".

Edited Jul 16, 2020
    Kmart, kov, 8100_RPM and 10 others like this.
  9. Dor_42 Jul 16, 2020

Care to share it in privet? ::book::

10. 83n Jul 16, 2020

I called an AD I bought one Omega of at the day of the presentation and he clearly that there is no way I can get a 50 LE from him.

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 16, 2020

I’ve not read either of those threads... coincidence? Or warning?

12. OmegaP99 Jul 16, 2020

Well that was gross. I was not even a little bit impressed by the couple of fools who felt the need to make the new female member who was commenting feel unwelcome with remarks about how "hot" she may be. Completely uncouth and no relevance to watches. I'd hope a Mod would have a chat with them, my ego isn't so fragile that I need a "boys club" to discuss hobbies and women should be made to feel welcome.

Ronstrous, Kmart, kkt and 18 others like this.
  13. Martin_J_N Jul 16, 2020

I feel honoured and privileged that I am in a position to own more than one watch and that within my collection are some nice pieces. But I am very conscious that not everyone can afford to spend the money that I have done on a watch or that they may even want to buy or own a watch. My eldest son cannot understand why I like watches and has told me that if I pass them on to him he will simply sell them and have the money.

We are all different, we all have different likes and dislikes, accept this and respect what others do, that way we can have debate without malice.

Kmart, Caliber561, pdxleaf and 5 others like this.
  14. alam Jul 16, 2020

I still dislike NATO straps. :p

Kmart, loniscup, Wivac and 11 others like this.
  15. MRC Jul 16, 2020

Burn the heretic!

Slowly, because I'm being nice :D

alam likes this.
  16. janice&fred Jul 16, 2020

That comes off as sexist. :D

alam likes this.
  17. alam Jul 16, 2020

curious here...is a NATO strap considered a male, female or gender neutral noun? ::popcorn::

janice&fred likes this.
  18. MRC Jul 16, 2020

Neutral -- in the way that the German word for girl (Das Mädchen) is neutral.

I did think of another explanation involving [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], but this being a Family Friendly and Safe For Work forum, well, y'all know.

janice&fred likes this.
  19. alam Jul 16, 2020

well, in Spanish is a very female noun... la correa... so, an unattractive girl in my eyes :D

janice&fred likes this.
  20. pdxleaf ... Jul 16, 2020

+1.

NATOs look equally bad on men and women.

janice&fred and alam like this.