Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. abrod520 Jul 11, 2020

That's generally the way to go - if your local ADs aren't worth working with, there are plenty who will be glad to ship to you from elsewhere.

For something like this, which is expected to be highly subscribed to, an Omega Boutique might be a better shot though - not all ADs will get allocations of an LE like this.

WatchNurse likes this.
  2. Duckie Jul 12, 2020

Sorry to inform you.
    But a no date Sub is the base model(cheapest) Rolex sports model one can buy.
    Also one base model watch a year won't cut it in terms of spending power/status if that's how they choose to play it.

3. WatchNurse Jul 12, 2020

No need to be sorry. You just come off as a troll and embarrass yourself.
    Did I ever say the Submariner is the most expensive Rolex model anywhere? No. The reason I mentioned it was to explain I had a spending history with them well beyond the Sub. Neither am I trying to come off as some sort of elitist, because I'm far from that. Not the warmest welcome I've had on a watch forum. Either way, we're all deserving of our opinions/freedoms. I'm a woman who enjoys watches, and am just looking forward to the next Snoopy. Have a nice day!

connieseamaster and OmegaP99 like this.
  4. texasmade Jul 12, 2020

The Rolex sub is one of the most popular watches out there so buying one from an AD doesn’t really mean much in their eyes. AD’s care more about people buying slow moving or precious metal watches.

GuiltunderGlass likes this.
  5. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jul 13, 2020

Back on topic...
    Schulz_Omega_Snoopy.jpg
    :coffee:

6. taz101 Jul 13, 2020

Yea? Try walking in and buying one retail

7. Duckie Jul 13, 2020

I can get what ever I want at not a cent over retail, but I have to wait for the hard stuff like anybody else except my wait time will be shorter than others may experience:thumbsup:

Pazzo likes this.
  8. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Jul 13, 2020

I’ll leave this just here.

3DCE12E9-A77B-44C9-88C2-16D0554C5735.png
  9. Icnbne Jul 13, 2020

Which enforces his point
    The ad did you a favour by selling it to you (from their perspective).

10. WatchTimes Jul 13, 2020

The people who get to buy hot Rolex models are people invited to small dinners sponsored by their AD and a manufacturer.
    I was at a Panerai dinner, a JLC dinner (with the CEO of JLC back then) and a coupe other events.
    Im friends with my AD so I get a pass on big a big dollar client at these dinners but these are the guys they sell the new stuff to.
    They do make sure to put a in demand model up in the case for a lucky random walk in from time to time as well.
    So odds are against you getting something at retail BUT it does happen.
    A year ago I walked into an AD in Vegas and bought a 126600 at retail.
    They brought me champagne and mailed the box etc home for me as well.

11. Duckie Jul 13, 2020

That's certainly one aspect.
    There are so many factors to consider and each dealer will do business differently depending on the strength of the relationships with individual customers.

12. Duckie Jul 13, 2020

I don't know your sphere of operation but events or gatherings of any kind are virtually non-existent around these parts, and have been for quite a long while.
    But the hot references still come in and they have to go to someone eventually.

13. WatchTimes Jul 13, 2020

They go to people with long term buying history.
    Yes currently dinners/events are not happening but this isn't about this second, this is how it always is.

taz101 likes this.
  14. EricCsN Jul 14, 2020

I know of a colleague, she got a submariner I suspect because of her good looks. (maybe watchnurse is in this category)

15. Icnbne Jul 14, 2020

Indeed, i was just pointing out that buying a sub and spending 10k isnt the customer doing the AD a favor, funnily enough, quite the opposite in the eyes of the dealer

the whole system is cooked imo. As someone whos been buying a rolex here and there every year or two for 10 or so years (not a big fish in their eyes), im pretty over the process, which is why ive migrated back to higher end seikos and omegas

Dsloan and WatchNurse like this.
  16. WatchNurse Jul 15, 2020

Bunch of prince charmings on this forum. Gotta love the sexist attitude :thumbsup:. I actually bought the Sub during the whole covid lockdown. Never went in-store/saw anyone face to face. It was shipped to my home.

17. Icnbne Jul 15, 2020

U got it, u rock it
    Nothing shameful about being born pretty

janice&fred and EricCsN like this.
  18. texasmade Jul 15, 2020

That's great for a first purchase. I've pretty much given up on Rolex the past few years since the models I wanted to purchase required me to basically beg for the privilege of spending $1000's.

WatchNurse likes this.
  19. henrimontgomery Jul 15, 2020

Wow this is full of toxicity. You guys need to learn to relax.

20. YY77 Jul 15, 2020

It's quite baffling the AD is using the Rolex tactics regarding the new Snoopy. For the A11 50th this didn't happen to my knowledge although I would reckon it to be more prized as an anniversary. Omega learned from the skyrocketing resale prices of the previous Snoopy and IMHO issued almost 7k watches for the A11, why wouldn't they do it again.

Does your AD think everybody will jump on the new one just because the old Snoopy is insanely priced nowadays.

Also buying a sub would constitute as a high spending to me because they presumably didn't have to discount it, whereas an El Primero for example needs to be discounted €3k to get a customer to buy it.

connieseamaster and WatchNurse like this.