Forums Latest Members

Planet ocean Stolen and bracelet question..

1. POfan Oct 24, 2020

Hi Folks,

First of all hello from a noob, I've dipped in and out of the forum for years but never joined up.

Sadly after 5 great years my 2015 8500 Planet Ocean was stolen whilst on holiday in Turkey. I was totally gutted because it was a wedding gift from my wife and pretty much irreplaceable.

First question, can you guys recommend where I could post the details of the watch so hopefully no one buys it off the grey market thinking it's kosher, is this even worthwhile?

Secondly, all is not lost, as the insurance have agreed to replace it, so it looks like I'm set to pick up a shiny new 8900 :D

Question for you clever folks... Is there anyway to attach a previous gen ss bracelet to the newer watch with the 21mm lugs? As they have only agreed to pay out for the leather strap version and I'm left with my old bracelet which is amazing condition...

Any input would be great, thanks.

2. Japanred Oct 24, 2020

Sorry to hear this. I think there is a website where you can record stolen watches. Someone more knowledgable will be along soon as I’ve forgot the name of it.

Do you mind me asking how it was stolen?

3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 24, 2020

Radiozoop, MauricioNO and janice&fred like this.
  4. POfan Oct 24, 2020

Thanks very much DLT. I'll sort it out. I assume the insurance company will have listed the serial by now anyway. Regarding the bracelet I had a chat with the omega boutique and was told it wasn't possible to fit the old bracelet to the new watch. If anyone here disagrees I'd love to know.

5. Drb477 Oct 24, 2020

It won't properly fit. If you want to sell your 8500 and put it towards a bracelet for the new one I'd actually be interested.

6. POfan Oct 24, 2020

Oh, OK that could work, where are you based? PM me an offer.

7. Nick M. Oct 24, 2020

Sorry to hear - glad insurance is stepping up to help though!

Do you mind sharing how was it stolen? Snatched from the hotel room?

8. POfan Oct 24, 2020

Ha close enough, we think someone let themself in to our villa in the night. We were asleep upstairs and I'd left my watch by the kitchen sink, after doing the washing up... It was all that was taken

9. Nick M. Oct 24, 2020

Wow, it sounds like you're lucky (all things considered). The idea of someone having been in your villa while you were sleeping...awful.

10. POfan Oct 24, 2020

Yeah, it didn't get our holiday off to a great start to be honest! Silver lining... You don't know what you've got until it's gone. I've been obsessing about watches ever since, and it's been great fun!

Nick M. likes this.
  11. Lurk41 Oct 24, 2020

If not already done, you can ask your OB about having Omega records the watch as stolen. "Luckily", I do not know the exact process to do it...
    I just know that if someone buys it without knowing and send it to Omega for a service at one point, they will be able to react.

12. POfan Oct 24, 2020

Brilliant, I'll give the OB I bought it from a call. Thanks