Forums Latest Members

Planet Ocean rubber strap adjustment

1. farmerboy Feb 13, 2021

My PO rubber strap is not perfect!! OH my.

The adjustment for the PO rubber strap and clasp is in 7mm increments.
    It is a little tight or a little loose. Warm/cold weather cycles affects the fit.
    I have seen others make a hole in between the factory holes on the strap, but feel this is not a great idea.

Do you have any tips or bright ideas for making the rubber strap a little tighter?
    I know someone posted about exercise for the wrists a few days ago and I joked about eating more....sorry for being a wise guy, maybe exercise will be the answer??

I would very much appreciate any additional ideas.
    If you have found something or have an idea please do share it here.

2. dekevain Feb 13, 2021

Poked a hole in between two of the holes in the strap with my springbar tool. Used a drill to open it up a bit more. No issues but it took me a couple of months to decide to do it. It’s a very expensive piece of rubber.

3. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Feb 13, 2021

4. Zanzibar Feb 13, 2021

Did you call omega, do they have a smaller strap available ?

5. farmerboy Feb 14, 2021

My issue is the spacing between the holes. The straps overall length is OK.
    Vercingetorix (hope this is not a bad word) Moleskin just might be the answer.
    I thought about a thin line of silicon chalk, but a uniform thickness of moleskin could be just right.
    Thanks all.

The suggestion of moleskin lead to silicon scar removal tape. It is made for skin..might be worth a try and won't harm me or the strap.

Edited Feb 14, 2021
  6. Starman71 Feb 16, 2021

I have this problem as well. My Omega had a bracelet and I wore it for a decade before falling ill with the WIS disease. My next omega came on a leather strap with deployant and I had the same experience as the OP, and immediately switched it to a nato. I stuck with bracelets and natos for several years since. However, I have recently discovered something interesting. I ordered a custom Corrigia Winkel-Militaris for a Tudor, and despite having followed the instructions for measuring, when it arrived I thought it was too small. The tang would barely reach the first hole. I sent them a message, and when they basically blamed my measuring I figured I would try wearing it a bit while I decided if I would do a chargeback. Well, after a couple days the tang made the second hole. A few days after that and it reached the third hole. Now it is perfectly comfortable, and I can't even feel it there most of the time because the leather molded to my wrist over time. This won't help you with a rubber strap because it won't conform, but don't let it deter you from leather straps. I've recently put the leather strap back on my Omega and wore it for awhile in the tighter hole. Of course it loosened up and got comfortable, just like many things in life.

upload_2021-2-16_19-51-53.png
    farmerboy likes this.
  7. farmerboy Feb 17, 2021

Leather may be the way to go. Had not really considered it. Thank you.

8. Alphasports May 25, 2021

I just bought a Planet Ocean 215.92.44.21.99.001 on rubber from a forum member, should arrive tomorrow. I'm starting to worry a bit about the fit, frankly a bit surprised that a watch of that value doesn't have a micro-adjustment system built in, in addition to the strap holes. For me half the appeal of the watch is how the strap matches the watch, so a strap swap is a no-go!

9. SkunkPrince May 25, 2021

Get a cheap moisturizer and put that on your wrist. Your skin will swell enough to give you a better fit.

10. Alphasports May 25, 2021

Haha yes could try that! Hoping a stock hole will be good, or I could shell out $1,000,000 for the bracelet I suppose.

11. SkunkPrince May 25, 2021

You could lick your wrist like I do… :D

12. Alphasports May 25, 2021

Beats carrying around a little fanny pack with moisturizer for the day ;)

13. dekevain May 25, 2021

Or you just poke another hole in it like I did. Took me all of 1 minute and I now have three workable options depending on the thickness of my wrist at that time. Once you realize it is just a strap, it's easy to do.

Took me a year to get to the point where I realized it's just a strap, but that's another story.

kangajack likes this.
  14. kangajack May 29, 2021

Agree with above... it’s just a strap. Also, the nice thing about the Omega deployant clasp is you won’t see the hole when the clasp is closed. If hole placement is a problem, add a hole. It’s an easy fix.

Foo2rama likes this.
  15. Alphasports May 29, 2021

Good news: don't need to add a "halfway hole"...fits pretty well in 2nd-to-smallest hole (phew!)

16. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 30, 2021

0ABE3F8C-5B29-4276-AB24-67891ADEB1DE.jpeg