Piece of history

a piece of beautiful history, is being valued, but can you guide me to approx valued.

Omega SpeedMaster pre-moon
ST 145.012-67

included:

* 1039 bracelet
* extract from archives
* box
* serviced March 2020
* proof of authenticity from the watchmaker

HavI you checked out the price guide at Speedmaster101?

Davidt

yes but how to determine the condition On this watch.

* Good
* Very good
* Excellent

If its being valued then you don't need our help do you.

Is anyone else getting bored, no in fact annoyed by these fly by demands for Speedy prices from people who already have all the info it is possible to get and seemingly can't spell ebay?

IMO, it's hard for a watch to be GOOD without any lume on the dial.

I'm sorry if I've stepped on anyone's toes by asking for help in this forum, but sometimes it's good to get more opinions from people who have a bit of expertise in the field. and by you I mean people who have it as a passion.

again sorry for reaching out to the elite

I'm sorry if I've stepped on anyone's toes by asking for help in this forum, but sometimes it's good to get more opinions from people who have a bit of expertise in the field. and by you I mean people who have it as a passion.

again sorry for reaching out to the elite
We are neither the elite nor elitest. Far from it. We’re also not a free appraisal service. We’re happy to help, but introducing yourself, telling us more about how you found or acquired the watch, and what your own research has found would be a good start toward being an active member of the forum and very likely to get you more helpful responses. We get a lot of these one post drive by appraisal requests, so you’ll understand our reluctance to answer until we get a sense of who you are and whether you’re likely to continue to participate on the forum after you get the answer to your question.

Well Said! Polite but direct.

Hour recorder is creeping...

We are neither the elite nor elitest. Far from it. We’re also not a free appraisal service. We’re happy to help, but introducing yourself, telling us more about how you found or acquired the watch, and what your own research has found would be a good start toward being an active member of the forum and very likely to get you more helpful responses. We get a lot of these one post drive by appraisal requests, so you’ll understand our reluctance to answer until we get a sense of who you are and whether you’re likely to continue to participate on the forum after you get the answer to your question.

My hat is off to all of you more veteran members on your polite and respectful responses to the similar drive by valuation requests that happen here for what seems almost daily lately. In my time on OF, albeit brief in comparison to other members, I am constantly reminded how this is such a wonderful forum this is for learning accompanied by you first-class OF members, who by and large, offer a great amount of assistance and education to those who stop by, asking for little in return.

Okay, enough of my thanksgiving speech, back to piling on drive by valuation requests.

Davidt

yes but how to determine the condition On this watch.

* Good
* Very good
* Excellent
Speedmaster101 price chart has all the definitions you can read it, its all spelled out clearly for anyone interested to learn.

If its being valued then you don't need our help do you.

Is anyone else getting bored, no in fact annoyed by these fly by demands for Speedy prices from people who already have all the info it is possible to get and seemingly can't spell ebay?

The hilarious thing is that some owners feel that all Speedmasters with their 'mythical' status need to make use of a 'special' pricing guide and to have long winded discussions to assertain all of this for the most common of references!

To start with, as owner of Speedmaster101 says, it is his guide, to be used as a tool for helping with one's owns research and certainly not a definitive price list.

Secondly there are hundreds, if not thousands, of past 145.012 sales to compare to going back years to make one's own conclusions.

I collect Constellations, we don't have a special price guide on the net...but that certainly doesn't mean most models don't naturally fall into their own specific price ranges based on the usual factors of ref., condition, rarity, extras and desirability.

To start with, as owner of Speedmaster101 says, it is his guide, to be used as a tool for helping with one's owns research and certainly not a definitive price list.

And even if it was definitive (it isn't), there are so many other factors. Are you a buyer or seller in a buyer's or seller's market, are you wanting to sell quickly to a dealer or trying to sell it in an auction, what time of year is it and how soon do you want to sell, etc...

People get fixated on the dollar amounts in the chart. I think the primary benefit of the chart is in establishing a system for describing a watch from poor to excellent. The specific dollar amount fluctuates, but the condition is fairly stable. While it's difficult for a few people to agree on condition of a particular watch, generally a large group will be able to come to a consensus, which is why it is helpful to seek input from a larger group who are familiar with a reference.

People often ask the dollar amount for a watch value when they should be asking about condition of a watch. The condition strongly influences the dollar value, and it's easier for others to offer a definitive opinion on a condition than to offer a price, which can be so subjective.

Even if we are pushed to offer a price, it's easiest to ball park a price for insurance purposes, for people who just want to know what they have. The next category are the buyers. For buyers, we can say you should pay no more than a certain amount. But for sellers to ask how much to charge for their watch, I think it's an unrealistic request.

And finally, Speedmasters aren't mythical, they are iconic 😁

I think Williams chart specifies that the prices listed are essentially collector to collector or private sales. Expect to get less if selling to a dealer and expect to be charged more if buying from a dealer.

OP as a starting point for the condition of your watch;

Case: Good or possibly very good but the crown is a replacement.
Dial: Fair. It may be Fair+ or even Good but from your pictures it’s hard to tell if the lume is present and whether the marks shown are just dust, or surface stains/damage. This will have a significant impact on value.
Bezel: Fair+. Maybe Good. Again it’s hard to tell if the marks are damage or dirt that will clean off.
Movement: ???

So, if I had to give a value based on those pics, it would be slightly above Fair, but it’s possible better pics will reveal your watch may average out at Good.

@Mr.David after reading sp101 what is your assessment of the individual parts and your watch overall?
Edited:

First of all, I thank you for all your feedback

regarding the crown, I would like to hear your opinion on why it should be a replacement. 2 independent watchmakers with many years of experience confirm that the watch is original and that the crown is in very good condition.

the crown has 32 teeth and according to a previous thread from 2018 here on omegaforum with 3 different original crowns, it also meets the requirements. so I would like to hear how you assess that it is a replacement. maybe a better picture will help

after reading sp101 in my opinion and input from a couple of respected watchmakers in DK. where one serviced it in 2020 and thoroughly reviewed it and then printed a document in which he confirms its authenticity. a little research on chrono24 for similar models, then I would think that the eatch itself is in very good condition also inside, if you then add the box and extract from archive, you have a very good package.
Edited:

Apologies, you’re right, the crown is original. It looked different when I viewed earlier. Must’ve been too early in the morning.
What are your thoughts on condition?

Apologies, you’re right, the crown is original. It looked different when I viewed earlier. Must’ve been too early in the morning.
What are your thoughts on condition?

Thanx,

after reading sp101 in my opinion and input from a couple of respected watchmakers in DK. where one serviced it in 2020 and thoroughly reviewed it and then printed a document in which he confirms its authenticity. a little research on chrono24 for similar models, then I would think that the eatch itself is in very good condition also inside, if you then add the box and extract from archive, you have a very good package

* proof of authenticity from the watchmaker

Just for the record - except if the watchmaker is called Simon Freese (or a number of others) I would put very little value on that