Piece of history

that's totally fair

since I became a member of the group in 2019, I have been in here at times, I have great respect for all attitudes and opinions from everyone who acts here, there must be no doubt about that, it has nothing to do with the fact that I can't like what I hear or people tell me about.

but people don't seem to listen to what information I'm providing. for example, I know the history of the origin of the watch and who got it in the first place, you cast doubt on the watchmaker and their competence in the area (here we talk about 3 different ones) none of those aspects are taken into consideration, yes I am not that either with med knowledge here, if i was, I hadn't asked. but it's totally ok
as long as I know where the watch originates from, and I trust the people who assess it physically, then it must be overshadowed by people who judge based on the picture,

but people don't seem to listen to what information I'm providing. for example, I know the history of the origin of the watch and who got it in the first place, you cast doubt on the watchmaker and their competence in the area (here there are take and 3 different ones) none of those aspects are taken into account, yes I am not that either with med knowledge here, I was, I hadn't asked. but it's totally ok
as long as I know where the watch originates from, and I trust the people who assess it physically, then it must be overshadowed by people who judge based on the picture,
Give it a rest.

We are constantly deluged with people who claim that their watch is all original (based on family history) when it has obviously been modified. And I frequently see the same thing in in-person dealings with people locally.

I think we would prefer to base our judgement on what we see, than on second-hand claims made by a stranger on the internet, who is obviously trying to pump up the value of his watch for sale.

You must realise, you asked for opinions (judgements) based on your pictures. I can’t see how you can then complain about people judging your watch based on the pictures.
I even said, the pictures aren’t great for judging condition, but from what I can see…

For what it’s worth, I think the crown and bracelet are original. However, although it’s a lovely heirloom and a nice set, purely in terms of condition, the dial especially would appear to hold it back.

If you can share better pictures of the dial it might improve people’s opinion on the condition. Also, you still haven’t said how you would judge the individual elements of the watch (not the box, paperwork etc)

@Mr.David. Seems like the only thing left to do is for you to sell your watch and then come back to this thread and report the results.

First of all Iam not here to promote my watch in any way, but after all, now I know a little about the history of the watch and where it comes from.

so when people say it's a put together watch, replacement crown and even with a replacement bracelet, when I know its not correct, it's clear that I try to correct it. , it's not an easy world to venture into and think that it might have been a huge mistake to ask for knowledge here, there are obviously 200 arguments against and 200 arguments for . I think the thread should just be closed here, I want to say thank you for all your input. and wish you all good day

/D.

Couple of things...

You don't get to decide when a thread is done - you have been here long enough to know that, and also know it's not proper to remove photos.

Second, regarding the family history, I can tell you that I get watches in for servicing all the time with all kinds of claims made based on the watch being in the family for long periods of time. Those family histories are often not accurate - it's not because someone is intentionally trying to deceive, but that people just forget that things get done. Virtually every watch I ever had come in with the claim that "it has never been serviced" shows clear evidence to the contrary, so despite that fact that it has been in someone's family for 35 years, doesn't negate the possibility that parts were replaced.

In fact, since crowns and pushers, and even hands are parts that are typically changed during a service, it's very likely that these parts are not original (not what they left the factory with) and are period replacements.

Couple of things...

You don't get to decide when a thread is done - you have been here long enough to know that, and also know it's not proper to remove photos.

Second, regarding the family history, I can tell you that I get watches in for servicing all the time with all kinds of claims made based on the watch being in the family for long periods of time. Those family histories are often not accurate - it's not because someone is intentionally trying to deceive, but that people just forget that things get done. Virtually every watch I ever had come in with the claim that "it has never been serviced" shows clear evidence to the contrary, so despite that fact that it has been in someone's family for 35 years, doesn't negate the possibility that parts were replaced.

In fact, since crowns and pushers, and even hands are parts that are typically changed during a service, it's very likely that these parts are not original (not what they left the factory with) and are period replacements.
I still know the history of this watch, and Thats matters to me, whatever you want it or not,
but nice to know I'm being judged in advance for what the story is and how other behave.

Have a Nice evening

I still know the history of this watch, and Thats matters to me, whatever you want it or not,
but nice to know I'm being judged in advance for what the story is and how other behave.

Have a Nice evening

You know, I was going to try to reason with you, but forget it - you are acting like a spoiled child and you are not worth the time...

Late to the game. Where are the pics?
See the posts on p2, we put them up again for a giggle.