Forums Latest Members

Picked up a resto-project 1675 yesterday on the cheap.

1. janice&fred Nov 26, 2022

I sort of got distracted lately by other watch-related fun stuff so I'll have to catch up on this GMT and either sell it to one of my fellow NYC watch freak pals or get it back here to Florida in my hands so I can horse-trade it locally and get some stuff in return that is more my style. :thumbsup:

Hi John not much chance of that as I'm not much of a sub/GMT guy. From the get-go I pretty much figured the watch as trading fodder since I got it cheap.

For my short term wish list I'm actually hoping to come across a nice original stainless round Gubelin, and a Lecoultre in either steel or gold. Both vintage preferably. Something esoteric that belongs on leather for a change, as I find myself reaching my saturation point with sporty watches on bracelets. I have been following and admire your recent shift to Lecoultre and latest pieces you have added to your rotation. :thumbsup:

watch3s, Larry S and vintage hab like this.
  2. johnireland Nov 27, 2022

I sent you a PM on the search for a LeCoultre.

watch3s and janice&fred like this.
  3. watch3s Dec 16, 2022

any updates :D

4. watch3s Jan 21, 2023

@janice&fred any updates? or has the project been relegated to the back back burner

janice&fred likes this.
  5. bananapeanut Jan 21, 2023

Not that it's any of my business, I think he said he sold it a while ago

janice&fred, Larry S and watch3s like this.
  6. janice&fred Jan 22, 2023

Yep we had it on the back burner for a while then sold it to a fellow watch freak in NYC :thumbsup:

watch3s likes this.
  7. watch3s Jan 22, 2023

ah! alas, i hope this watch freak shows up at one of the g2gs some day! i have a soft spot for vintage.

janice&fred likes this.