Picked this up at an estate sale...

Well the fact there is no inscription on the back stating First Watch On The Moon makes it "pre-moon" even if it was made and sold after the moon landing. It's a good looking watch likely a 145.022-69.

https://speedmaster101.com/145-022-69/

What did you pick it up for?

I will take the opportunity here to remind you of our sales rules as you troll the nice shiny object you found through these waters.

I will take the opportunity here to remind you of our sales rules as you troll the nice shiny object you found through these waters.
What a cheery soul !

What a cheery soul !
More like cynical soul…wasn’t me btw who asked OP how many PMs he’d received. We’ve all seen this before.

More like cynical soul…wasn’t me btw who asked OP how many PMs he’d received. We’ve all seen this before.
Yeah I’d be with you most days, but it’s a Friday and finally we’re getting some sunny weather !

Appears to be a pre-moon 145.022-69 as far as we can see from the photos. It looks pretty nice except for the case.

Clearly I am attending the wrong estate, garage and yard sales.

Yeah I’d be with you most days, but it’s a Friday and finally we’re getting some sunny weather !
Perhaps I’m grumpy because it’s a perfect sailing day and the beach is closed for #,$&@!!! Fireworks tonight. ( crap weather this weekend)

Appears shot in a softbox, judging by reflections, and while that’s certainly not conclusive, it looks like a sale listing.

Appears to be a pre-moon 145.022-69 as far as we can see from the photos. It looks pretty nice except for the case.
Would one expect the crystal to be so flawless or is it a service one? Can’t make the logo on it well enough, but it doesn’t seem to be a narrow foot.

Thanks for the responses. It wasn’t running very well when I purchased it so I sent it to be serviced and they did a full cleaning and servicing plus they replaced the crystal which is why it looks so clean.
I tried to remove the back case with the proper tool and it’s on so tight, I didn’t want to risk scratching it so I thought there might be another way to determine if it is pre-moon, but it seems like the consensus here is that it is pre-moon?

And yes, this is a photo box that I used to take the picture, I have an eBay store so I considered selling it but this one might be for my collection

can you briefly state the sales rules? I wasn’t trying to sell it on here, I apologize if it was perceived that way

, I didn’t want to risk scratching it so I thought there might be another way to determine if it is pre-moon, but it seems like the consensus here is that it is pre-moon?

Indeed pre moon is a rather crude nomenclature to denote that the caseback doesn’t state first watch on the moon. Some argue it’s more about the date.. but assuming your caseback is correct it would be a premoon 145.022-69 most likely.

Perhaps the service folks noted the model on your paperwork?

can you briefly state the sales rules? I wasn’t trying to sell it on here, I apologize if it was perceived that way

You just need to be an established member with 200 posts.