Forums Latest Members

Perfect watch for a graduation present...

1. Matt87 Dec 5, 2019

Good Evening Gents,

In few months my little brother will get his graduation in economics so I thought to buy for him a nice vintage omega.

Of course, I would love something in good conditions, not too expensive and with a nice automatic movement, especially calibers 5XX or 6XX...

Do you have any suggestions regarding the possible references that I have to looking for?? And what do you think about my idea??

Thank you very much to anyone who is going to help me in the hunting!!!

2. JwRosenthal Dec 5, 2019

Safest shopping place is the classified’s here. A classic Seamaster is always a winner and can be had reasonably. Connie’s are the gold standard for presentation watches but may be a little dressy for a grad student.
    There are several very nice 60’s Seamaster’s in the classified’s at this moment from some very well respected members- shop away!

Matt87 likes this.
  3. Matt87 Dec 5, 2019

Thank you very much for your helpful message!! Do you have any ref. In mind???

4. jaspers Dec 6, 2019

Great idea to gift your kid brother an Omega! My considerations:
    - do you want to gift him a watch for daily wearing, or for special occasions? The latter would justify vintage, the former probably not. I don't know if your brother is a watch guy—if he's not, he might just jump in the pool wearing a 1960s Seamaster DeVille. There's a lot of great value pieces available from the late 1980s onwards. These will be able to take some abuse.
    - dressy options: a nice 1990s and up DeVille or Genève
    - sporty option: a Speedmaster Reduced. These are very attractively priced on the second-hand market, and come in a lot of variations.

Hope this helps!

NYCwatchgal likes this.
  5. RazorFrazer Dec 9, 2019

Nomos Club ?

6. Waltesefalcon Dec 9, 2019

Nothing says class quite as well as a classic Constellation, maybe a 167.005.

Noddyman and gatorcpa like this.
  7. fbf Dec 9, 2019

what's the range? 500$ ?
    I vote for constellation too

8. Shabbaz Dec 9, 2019