Patek Philippe Calatrava “Clous De Paris” Ref. 6119

Ooof... Hobnail be damned, this is a stunner.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/patek-philippe-calatrava-clous-de-paris-6119-watch-new-design-movement/

Patek-Philippe-Calatrava-6199-Clous-De-Paris-6199G-6199R-Dress-Watch-2021-1.jpg

Patek-Philippe-Calatrava-6199-Clous-De-Paris-6199G-6199R-Dress-Watch-2021-6.jpg

Patek-Philippe-Calatrava-6199-Clous-De-Paris-6199G-6199R-Dress-Watch-2021-14.jpg

Patek-Philippe-Calatrava-6199-Clous-De-Paris-6199G-6199R-Dress-Watch-2021-11.jpg

Patek-Philippe-Calatrava-6199-Clous-De-Paris-6199G-6199R-Dress-Watch-2021-17.jpg

Feel it might have lost the railroad track & dots and been 2mm smaller but it’s a good looking design and the new movement is very appealing.

Stunning. I'll trade my upcoming 50th Snoopy and no additional $$$ for it ::facepalm1::

Do not fall into the trap of thinking Patek Philippe is at the pinnacle of watch manufacturers, they have not held that position for many decades. Most of their stuff is meh as far as design is concerned, and execution isn't all that stellar some of the time. But like Rolex, they have that reputation that gives them a pass for many people. I can think of a LOT of watches I'd buy at the $30k mark before this one got to the top of the list.

Do not fall into the trap of thinking Patek Philippe is at the pinnacle of watch manufacturers, they have not held that position for many decades. Most of their stuff is meh as far as design is concerned, and execution isn't all that stellar some of the time. But like Rolex, they have that reputation that gives them a pass for many people. I can think of a LOT of watches I'd buy at the $30k mark before this one got to the top of the list.
Agree to disagree. Patek, AP, VC and JLC are still clearly a little above the rest.

Young preppy children with tousled hair gazing lovingly up at their parents in nearly all the advertising beg to differ!

Absolutely agree, this is one of their better recent efforts IMO, but they’ve been riding on their reputation for a long time now (and like Rolex, I’m sure a lot of it is to do with their reputation as an investment / store of value).

It’s a moot point anyway since 30k-odd is out of my league, but if I were in the market I’d be looking to Lange (and others) long before PP.

Some candies to ogle, including this thread's reference.

This honestly looks fantastic. Always mused about picking up a 5196 but never went through with it due to how undersized the 215 PS is, but this finally has me reaching for my wallet.

Nice watch....but tell me that isn't overprint I see? 😲

Patek-Philippe-Calatrava-6199-Clous-De-Paris-6199G-6199R-Dress-Watch-2021-11.jpg

It's polished dome, so more likely the reflection of the side tracks. All of the dome pips have varying degrees of reflections.

It must be real fun to regulate, won't be any amateur tinkerers fiddling around there.

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 17.17.14.png

And if you have to ask how much the special PP regulating tool is, you can't afford it.

Agree to disagree. Patek, AP, VC and JLC are still clearly a little above the rest.
Langè beats all of them !

Langè beats all of them !
Definitely up there as well. As for beating them, I don’t know, maybe. Not sure they need to fight though.

I loved the 5119G, this is even nicer, beautiful watch. 39mm could be slightly excessive given how small the bezel is, maybe 37-38 would have been better but I guess everything is upsizing.

Were I in the market for a gold dresser, this would certainly be in the consideration set. Still have a bad memory from the last encounter with a snobby PP AD.

I like it, would have to sell nearly everything bar the Speedmasters......... clearance sale coming soon 😗