Forums Latest Members

Beware: Fake Patek Philippe Stainless Steel Calatrava Ref.570 being offered in the EU

1. Watchsmuggler May 1, 2015

Beware, either me and my watchmaker were contacted (within a week) by two different people pretending to be collectors (one from Vienna and one from Budapest) offering steel Ref.570 Calatrava.
    The movement seems to be genuine 12-400, but the dial is fake (in fact pretty bad) and the case is complete fake. Case back is signed 'Patek Philippe & Co - Geneve' however there should be no 'Co'. Most likely caseback is made of some steel pocket watch by Patek Philippe, while the case is newly built out of nothing.

PP also confirmed that serial numbers are completely wrong.

Here are the numbers:
    Case - 626948
    Caliber - 726488

Beware, this watch will definitely show up again on some occasion with some promising price. Here are also some photos.

570.jpg DSC_0465.JPG DSC_0467.JPG DSC_0472.JPG DSC_0474.JPG DSC_0475.JPG DSC_0476.JPG
    TNTwatch likes this.
  2. Watchsmuggler May 18, 2015

3. Paul** May 25, 2015

4. Watchsmuggler May 25, 2015

I guess it just has been deleted by Chrono24 support team as I filed hell of a lot reports on this fake piece.

5. Paul** May 25, 2015

Let's hope so. It would destroy my faith in that website to know that you had reported a watch to be a fake and they had still gone on to facilitate the sale

6. Watchsmuggler May 25, 2015

It seems to be deleted, as normally on Chrono24 you can see the watch listing for a while after it has been sold (though you can't the the price). On the other hand, as a dealer, I understand that they have to make at least some kind of research before deleting offer (in fact, they I asked me for details and why I decided that is is fake).

7. Paul** May 25, 2015

Off topic but as you are dealer, can you tell me, in your opinion are watches on chrono24 in general reasonably priced? I have never bought anything off there though i do look quite a bit. I was put off by a few people on this website claiming it is vastly overpriced.

8. Watchsmuggler May 25, 2015

It is vital to understand that Chrono24 mainly represents professional dealers while on eBay you still can find something nice from private sellers (though I doubt it more and more). Generally, it makes sense for dealers to have lower prices on Chrono24 as there is no provision or fees, and I would say it is also possible to find reasonable prices on Chrono.

9. Paul** May 25, 2015

Thank you, that's helpful comment.