Forums Latest Members
  1. GordanDaniel Feb 14, 2020

Hello experts and enthusiasts
    I have recently got my hands on a nice era appropriate (ish) box for my constellations, but its missing the top layer or top panel of the box.
    Id like to find one of these panels if possible so i can put my paperwork underneath and the watches on top.

This is a long shot but does anyone know where i could find one? iv been all over the internet but though maybe one of the long time collectors here may know of one sitting somewhere. (i realize i can not purchase off the forum) but thought maybe someone here would know of one somewhere in internet land. .

as always. thank you
    Heres a picture of the box, the top sheet would lay on the little steps inside the box
    Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 10.46.16 AM.png

DJG2645 likes this.
  2. cristos71 Feb 14, 2020

Virtually impossible to find a loose tray for one of these vintage boxes. That was the first bit that got lost or thrown away back in the day.

Probably 70%-80% of this type of box when seen for sale is missing this part and I can say with certainty in all my years of collecting I've never seen a loose tray for sale.

ConElPueblo and Shabbaz like this.
  3. Shabbaz Feb 14, 2020

+1

You have more chance buying a box with the inner part.

4. GordanDaniel Feb 14, 2020

That is what i figured, but thought in the off chance someone may have a tray and not a box.
    Nice to know an experienced person has seen one, wont be finding one my self then.

Thank you

5. GordanDaniel Feb 14, 2020

Thank you sir for your time
    The box was fairly cheap, so i didnt expect it to be very nice. Turns out its very nice, but missing the tray.

6. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Feb 14, 2020

Possible you could find some red flocked cardboard and make one?

Tom

GordanDaniel likes this.