Forums Latest Members

Part number for Seamaster 300 Crystal 166.024SP 165.024

1. oilseed Apr 30, 2017

I need to 'confirm' the Omega part number for a OEM crystal to fit my Seamaster 'large Triangle' with Date (cal 565)
    case Ref 166.024SP and 165.024 (both ref numbers are stamped into the case back).

thanks

2. oilseed Apr 30, 2017

Here are some pictures. the Crystal is NOT OEM (was put in by a previous repair person, I suspect).
    so I'd like to replace with OEM crystal.
    [​IMG]
    Thoughts on the hands?? these are curious and I don't know if they are OEM or someone exchanged the OEM Sword hands
    for these some time back.
    [​IMG]

case back ref markings (why 2? 166.024SP and 165.024. ) ??
    [​IMG]

3. Omegist May 1, 2017

4. brunik May 1, 2017

I would buy a set of luminova service ones and make a nice relumen work to match the dial... it's a great what that you have there! Congrats

Tritium likes this.
  5. bags1971 May 1, 2017

I really like your watch im on the hunt for my next seamaster :)

6. oilseed May 1, 2017

Here's what my parts source has for the 'crystal replacement' with 'date'.
    IMG_0673.JPG
    Notice the 'L' in the part number. (I assume this means 'lens'??

IMG_0674.JPG

it's THIS correct? Dis the 'Calendar' variants of the SeaMaster 300 originally SOLD with the DATE lens crystal?
    I've 'never' seen (on this forum, ebay or anywhere else) a picture or advertisement of a SeaMaster (with Calendar)
    had a date lens. can any one corroborate this?
    the mystery widens.

thanks to all who replied!!

7. oilseed May 1, 2017

I just found a GREAT blog, story, article (on the net) about these watches.

http://www.christies.com/features/Omega-Seamaster-300-1966-Deconstructed-5897-1.aspx

the last paragraph really puts this watch into perspective.
    "In addition to outfitting professional civilians, Omega outfitted British naval and terrestrial forces through its official agent, Omega Watch Co. England. But take note: 166.024s, like this one, were the only civilian Seamaster 300s available with the ‘Big Triangle’ dial (featuring a large triangle marker at 12 o’clock; it was also available with the standard Arabic numeral indicator at 12). These are not to be confused with the British military ‘Big Triangles’, which were specially designed to meet British Ministry of Defense specifications. Unlike civilian ‘Big Triangles’, these watches(sic the British Military ones) were a non-date caliber with special engravings on the case back and fixed bars at the lugs. In today’s vintage market, authentic civilian ‘Big Triangle’ non-date SM300s do not exist."

Since 'this' article shows (pictures) a watch 'without' the date lens, can I assume using a 'date lens' would not be.... 'authentic' (even though Omega clearly sells a date lens crystal).... ??

8. oilseed May 1, 2017

So, now the mystery gets even stranger. (and I'm providing this info because maybe someone here on the forum has the
    Omega part numbers to confirm what 'is' the correct part number). thanks.

another source is telling me the following:

Case ref 166.024 is uses crystal part number 063PZ5076
    HOWEVER...
    Case ref 166.024SP uses Crystal part number 067PZ5152

can anyone confirm this? (because now I'm even more confused)

thanks

9. oilseed May 1, 2017