OT - TV advice needed

It is time for me to get a new big screen TV. Someone recommended that I buy a Samsung QLED TV, but when I went to Best Buy to check them out the salEskandari told me very strongly that the LG OLED TV was a much better unit in terms of color and other factors. Either one will be better than I have right now but does anyone have thoughts about the above? If it matters it will be a 65 inch TV. Thanks a lot.

It is time for me to get a new big screen TV. Someone recommended that I buy a Samsung QLED TV, but when I went to Best Buy to check them out the salEskandari told me very strongly that the LG OLED TV was a much better unit in terms of color and other factors. Either one will be better than I have right now but does anyone have thoughts about the above? If it matters it will be a 65 inch TV. Thanks a lot.

Up until a few years ago, I had a Pioneer Elite Kuro Plasma screen - the ones that are hand picked to be the best that they made (Pioneer is out of this now). For a very long time the quality of the picture on this was unbeatable, until the LG OLED's came along, and that is what I have now. It is superb.

Now I've had it a few years, which can be a lifetime in this space, but I never watch anything on it and wish it was better, let's put it that way.

I want a bigger, nicer TV with updated technology but my 13-year-old Sony 42" LCD still works perfectly and it's just not worth throwing out.

Back in 2008 it was fairly top-of-the-line, so if they last this long and perform this well I'm pretty sure I'll be looking at Sony first when it comes time to buy a new one, whenever that is! (2050?)

Bought a top of the line Sony LCD TV back in 2006, paid a significant premium… still going strong. Were it to fail, I’d go large on Sony again. Honestly what I want is an excellent monitor as all the processing comes through DVD, Firestick, TiVo and my Rotel AV reciever I don’t want or need a smart TV.

I have the same problem, I want to upgrade my very old Panasonic Viera Plasma 50 inch to a 65, the main reason is it sucks so much juice from the grid my lights dim when I turn it on! (joking, well sought of)

I also have Samsungs but never again, I find the specs are great but the functionality does not meet the expectation of their specs.
Their Qleds are a marketing gimmick and boy do they suck the juice! buy an Oled if you must.

Sony, I am wary of as in the past they would not accept various digital protocols and codec's when I tried to play downloaded movies, the reason being Sony has a very overboard strict policy on copyright and employing only Sony standard formats, so they are a no go for me.

LG's look great especially the Oled models but Oleds do age and degrade over a relatively short period and I like to keep my big box appliances for at least 10 years, also I am not too keen on their user software OS as it seems incredibly clunky to me (on the models I have seen).

The one that shines to me is the Panasonic range for a few important reasons 1 low power consumption ( really low), 2 excellent screens, 3 specs and functionality that actually do work ( damn you Samsung). 4 the top end of the LCD models has some really cool functionality and 5 they also do a fantastic 0led if I wanted to opt that way.
Edited: