OT-Home electric car chargers advice needed

I just moved back to my house after a year away for some remodeling, only to find that my wife's Siemens electric car charger (for a BMW, not a Tesla) is not working. The electrician couldn't figure out what the issue was, and the unit is not under warranty, so I may need to buy a new one. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to which to buy? A quick look on Amazon suggests that the Siemens is generally liked but is also 2x the price of various other models. Thanks all.

Ask a neighbour if you can try the charger on an ICE car to see if it works. Are you trying to charge the auxiliary battery on a Tesla with the charger? It wouldn’t surprise me if Elon Musk was sitting at a terminal somewhere, and was aware you were using a charger you hadn’t bought from Tesla!

For a BMW. I have had a Siemens charger but it is broken again.

Pod point my electric mini. Been problem free so far, installed in my garage my wife drives it most of the time.

I installed this Juicebox in 2018 and it's been working ever since. It was recommended for quality and price when I bought it but I don't remember the specs, not to mention products change rapidly in the EV world.

I liked it because it was portable with the plug and it can be used outside. I think the requirements have changed and plugs are no longer allowed outside. (I have a weather resistant box.)

So if they're still in production, one like for Juicebox.

1000008998.jpg 1000008999.jpg