Original or copy

Posts
1,990
Likes
9,505
Pass. The dial has been repainted, not sure about the rest. No original Omega dial has that anti-magnetic script that I am aware of.
 
Posts
8,701
Likes
14,612
Pass. The dial has been repainted, not sure about the rest. No original Omega dial has that anti-magnetic script that I am aware of.
It's a fake!
 
Posts
2,801
Likes
3,727
Dial is definitely fake/redial, and that caseback etching looks like it was done by a 5th grader. I vote fake.
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,801
One of the most common fakes of the era, absolutely junk.

Those markings on the back should be inside not outside and they aren't correct either way.
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,376
It’s an authentic fake. Move on.
 
Posts
13,518
Likes
23,453
Everything is fake. Obviously not 18ct either
 
Posts
890
Likes
1,225
Every time I see these atrocities, I really wonder what makes them “appealing enough” to go through the process of creating an account here to ask the question. Something must feel attractive, but I am really unsure what it is…

In any case, you can be glad you asked before buying! 😉
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,801

It's worse than a copy, because nothing about it correct.
 
Posts
6
Likes
11
The stamp should show lady Helvetica for a 18 k watch. This face is just a poor attempt.
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
Common fake from that era.
 
Posts
18,731
Likes
38,883
Thanks Evan.
I just wasted an hour browsing the rest of the articles about stuff from the 1960s/1970s.
Some weird and wonderful things there, interesting though.
😁