Opinions on this Omega Ref 166.032 Gold Cal 750 Day Date

Hello All,

I won this on eBay last week and it's scheduled to arrive by this evening.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/166372358631

I'm a fan of the "sparkle" dials, esp. in gold. I have a similar one already (same reference) but it's in such good collector's condition that I don't want to risk adding any wear to it by wearing it. So I got this cheaper one that I won't have to worry about as much and can wear it, too.

I won it for $450, and assume it's a bit of a beater? Or is it not that bad? I would appreciate in any assessments of its condition as my eyes are not yet well-trained enough to know how and what to look for and make such judgments. I do notice it does not have a genuine crown, unfortunately, but the rest looks original. There's no strap, but I end up changing the straps anyway. I do feel good about the purchase--and I really like the sparkle dial in gold. Presentation watch with a 1969 date.

Thanks all.
Omega Ref 166.032 Gold Vintage Watch Movement Cal 750 Day Date
s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-4 copy.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-5.jpg s-l1600-6.jpg s-l1600-7.jpg s-l1600-8.jpg s-l1600-9.jpg s-l1600-10.jpg s-l1600-11.jpg s-l1600.jpg
Edited:

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
It looks well worn but still nice, imho.
It has an incorrect second hands, though.
I think you overpaid a bit.

Hello,

a beautiful watch to wear 😀. And, whether that was now minimally too expensive or not, I find at the price also no matter 😀.

I would give it to the watchmaker, if necessary he can clean the dial. In the pictures I can not see if quirks are in the dial or just dirt.

Attached a photo of my original, I also think that the second hand is not original.

Many greetings, Andreas

D2AD768C-F135-46C7-92EE-D46DBEE13F20.jpeg

Hello,

a beautiful watch to wear 😀. And, whether that was now minimally too expensive or not, I find at the price also no matter 😀.

I would give it to the watchmaker, if necessary he can clean the dial. In the pictures I can not see if quirks are in the dial or just dirt.

Attached a photo of my original, I also think that the second hand is not original.

Many greetings, Andreas

D2AD768C-F135-46C7-92EE-D46DBEE13F20.jpeg

Beautiful watch. Thanks for sharing that. Also thanks for all the advice. I'm happy to wear this used one and get it serviced. I'll share my other one of the same reference in that is in much better condition. It was a purchase based on a recommendation from this site, and won it for $715, Pictures coming.

Do you know if it's easy to find the original second hand and restore that back to the original? Omega's original design looks better. Maybe as part of its service, assuming it needs it I can see if its available...

If you think he overpaid at $450 I hope you’ll share your sources for these at less. Seems like a decent deal to me.

If you think he overpaid at $450 I hope you’ll share your sources for these at less. Seems like a decent deal to me.
It's true I've been looking, and nothing is relatively affordable in this range that is working or is just in very unacceptable condition; one guy is selling one with a big crack in the bezel for $450.

You are right, I badly explained myself: what I meant is that I would not pay that amount for this specimen, gold plated, to be serviced, with an incorrect crown and seconds hand. I would have waited for a better one.
But it looks nice anyway.