opinions on this geneve dynamic....

looking for authenticity in the crystal, dial, crown, and case. seller states that bracelet is aftermarket. no info. on service of the movement. these are the best pics from the seller, which aren't so good. sorry about that.

tia,

steve

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Isn’t this the exact same watch you posted about last weekend? I’m pretty sure members here told you to pass on this.

Isn’t this the exact same watch you posted about last weekend? I’m pretty sure members here told you to pass on this.

no, i believe a different watch...lol...they're all beginning to look alike!

no, i believe a different watch...lol...they're all beginning to look alike!
Nope, this is definitely the same watch.

believe me, i've been researching....omegaenthusiastltd's website has been quite helpful, along with assorted other peeps. i've seen A LOT of geneve dynamic pieces, in addition to looking at ebay and chronos.

believe me, i've been researching....omegaenthusiastltd's website has been quite helpful, along with assorted other peeps. i've seen A LOT of geneve dynamic pieces, in addition to looking at ebay and chronos.
Haha it’s cool you might have stated your problem though perhaps you need to slowdown a little. I guarantee you will find a nice dynamic. I’m not sitting here as an expert taking you to school as I don’t have a 1/4 of the knowledge most people here have I just remember being in such a rush early on and making some mistakes due to it. Yes watches are cool and the dynamic is cool but life flows on within and without you. Funny Dynamic was my first omega I got one of the more common blue bullseye but I like it a lot. So take a breath and enjoy the hunt as soon as you get it you will want something else anyway so might as well jog conserve your energy.
image.jpg

It is easy to get caught up in the chase.

Before I took an 18 year break from watch collecting I was buying anything marked Omega at the NAWCC marts. I picked up this piece without a second thought.

IMG_3938.png
I did not know anything about this caliber till I went through the box of parts.

On looking at this ref I also fell in love with the 1960s mod design. I did much the same as the OP. I had been looking for cameras on eBay and goodwill. I then started looking for Dynamic.

Eventually I found one that I liked (A ladies variant, but then that is what I am.) The probelm was that the strap I wanted was on s separate auction for the watch, then I had to get the tools. Then I decided I needed to come back up to speed on my watchmaiking skills before tackeling the small 671 movement.

I still yearn for a case and the rest to get this dial back onto something, even though it is a cracked dial. So I have been looking every day for one of these as well. In the mean time I have been filling in the gaps in my collection and discovering what and why I got into this decades ago.

Sure I would love to find a watch with a wreaked dial that this could fit. At the moment I am more impassioned about finding a case for a 351. Or one of my other watches that are lacking parts and need some attention.

It is so easy to get caught in the chase. When I did get my project, watch, tool and strap I stuck it into the drawer with the other parts watches.

The more I think about it the more it becomes about the anticipation. Why I keep hitting refresh on the auction sites. Watching the prices tick up on that item I simply must have.

Sometimes it is nice to see that I am not alone in this.

Billions of watches have been made over the last 400 years or so. Granted some are prettier than others. Most of the watches we see have been made in the thousands. Or even the 100s of thousands. So there are plenty of chances that the right one will turn up.

Lately in all this I have been questioning free will verses pre destination. It is enough to make one's head spin. Why one auction is lost and another won.

did I choose to write this, Or did this always exist as written?

Haha it’s cool you might have stated your problem though perhaps you need to slowdown a little. I guarantee you will find a nice dynamic. I’m not sitting here as an expert taking you to school as I don’t have a 1/4 of the knowledge most people here have I just remember being in such a rush early on and making some mistakes due to it. Yes watches are cool and the dynamic is cool but life flows on within and without you. Funny Dynamic was my first omega I got one of the more common blue bullseye but I like it a lot. So take a breath and enjoy the hunt as soon as you get it you will want something else anyway so might as well jog conserve your energy.
image.jpg

thx walrus, for not taking me to task about this, but being cool about it. don't worry about my "burning out" about energy expenditure. my university supervisor used to tell me (in her southern drawl) "steve, you like to burn the candle at both ends, don't you." and, i still do. i do enjoy the hunt, but time is fleeting and i would like to enjoy my newfound hobby as long as i can. sammy hagar couldn't drive 55, but i'll slow down to 65 and smell the roses. oh, and nice kitty! my wife wants to know his/her name.

It is easy to get caught up in the chase.

oh, sheepdoll, never occurred to me that you are a female, but nevertheless, thanks for responding and giving your philosophical perspective. you are to the watch hobby like i am to bicycles and muscle cars. been doing both for a very long time and so far i'm not tired of the chase. but, the journey's been interesting. what separates me from some of the peeps here is that i'm not a velo art or garage art kind of guy. i ride and drive what i own. they don't sit there in a drawer drawing a smile to my face. on the contrary, riding and driving them put smiles to my face cuz that's what they were made for. i'm unlikely to become a hobbyist like yourself or others that have made the watch rounds for decades. but, know this: whatever i buy i will wear because functionality and wearability are high on the list. and, that's what will put a smile on my face. as a boomer, stuff from the sixties and seventies is my soup de jour and the geneve dynamic is a quintessential piece for me.

thx walrus, for not taking me to task about this, but being cool about it. don't worry about my "burning out" about energy expenditure. my university supervisor used to tell me (in her southern drawl) "steve, you like to burn the candle at both ends, don't you." and, i still do. i do enjoy the hunt, but time is fleeting and i would like to enjoy my newfound hobby as long as i can. sammy hagar couldn't drive 55, but i'll slow down to 65 and smell the roses. oh, and nice kitty! my wife wants to know his/her name.
His name is Maharishi Yogi

His name is Maharishi Yogi
cool name! our cat is felix, like "felix the cat," a cartoon character

upload_2023-3-12_9-36-2.jpeg
Edited: