Opinions on Seamaster cosmic purchase

Hi everyone. I bought my first vintage omega earlier this week. Before getting the watch I tried looking up movement serial numbers and such to make sure it was legit and from what I could tell it looked good. I’ll receive the watch next week and I’m planning on taking it somewhere for service. I’ve also got 30 days to return the watch. Does anyone have advice/experience on how to tell if it’s legit and what to look for? Thanks in advance!

Looks legit. 👍
Service and your in for a good watch.

Price will tell how well you did 😉

Looks legit. 👍
Service and your in for a good watch.

Price will tell how well you did 😉
Got it for 800 usd

Very nice watch..i am also looking for a steel version. I have a gold plated version..Enjoy it.

Here is mine:

IMG_0059.jpg

Very nice watch..i am also looking for a steel version. I have a gold plated version..Enjoy it.

Here is mine:

IMG_0059.jpg
Sheeeeeesh that gold plating looks amazing

Here is mine:

IMG_0059.jpg
Did you get yours from eBay as well or did you use a different method?

The watch is legit but that sounds very top end for a silver dial cosmic without bracelet.

Got it for 800 usd

As mentioned above top end but in all honesty the condition is top end.

Did you get yours from eBay as well or did you use a different method?
I bought it from a local classified site from my country..Regards.

I think you paid at the top end, but as @STANDY says, condition is great. Get it serviced and you have a very nice vintage piece that wears very modern with its chunky case and 38mm diameter. These are still not quite as appreciated as they should be, but they are the ancestors of the modern Aqua Terra line.

Wear in good health!

The watch is legit but that sounds very top end for a silver dial cosmic without bracelet.
I think you paid at the top end, but as @STANDY says, condition is great. Get it serviced and you have a very nice vintage piece that wears very modern with its chunky case and 38mm diameter. These are still not quite as appreciated as they should be, but they are the ancestors of the modern Aqua Terra line.

Wear in good health!
Good to hear! I did see quite a few of them for a couple hundred less but the condition of this one really sold me!

Wear in good health!
In your experience do you recommend getting it serviced through omega or another big watch service place or do you have good experience with local shops who are familiar with omega?

In your experience do you recommend getting it serviced through omega or another big watch service place or do you have good experience with local shops who are familiar with omega?
You need to find a good, local watchmaker (or one you are happy to post to) who understands and is sympathetic to vintage Omega. If you let us know where you are in the world, we may be able to make some recommendations.

You need to find a good, local watchmaker (or one you are happy to post to) who understands and is sympathetic to vintage Omega. If you let us know where you are in the world, we may be able to make some recommendations.
Central Missouri in the united states. I would be open to shipping the watch somewhere depending on price though. I really just want to make sure it’s a good quality service.

I’m sure we have members who could help. Sadly I’m based in the UK, so my recommendation will be no good to you…

Hi everyone. I bought my first vintage omega earlier this week. Before getting the watch I tried looking up movement serial numbers and such to make sure it was legit and from what I could tell it looked good. I’ll receive the watch next week and I’m planning on taking it somewhere for service. I’ve also got 30 days to return the watch. Does anyone have advice/experience on how to tell if it’s legit and what to look for? Thanks in advance!

I sent you a DM with my $0.02