Opinions on C-Case gold-cap Constellation on ebay

Moved this out into its own thread as that thread you posted it in isn’t for enquiries

Moved this out into its own thread as that thread you posted it in isn’t for enquiries
Sorry and thank you

I think the price is high for the watch by itself. With the bracelet and paperwork (assuming the numbers match), it’s not bad.

It’s odd that of all things, the boxes are missing here. Add those, and you might have a bargain.

Evan

I know you are probably very enthusiastic atm to get a grad gift for yourself (and you deserve it!). But I'd say take a step back if you don't want to buy a watch with low collector's value. That is, although being authentic and working, lost lots of its desirable qualities. In this case, the watch case looks too polished. I would expect rather a brushed finish on a C case Connie. And this one is quite a common reference which is often available in much better shape. You may wanna have a read through this post: https://omegaforums.net/threads/learn-how-to-fish.52603/

I think the price is high for the watch by itself. With the bracelet and paperwork (assuming the numbers match), it’s not bad.

It’s odd that of all things, the boxes are missing here. Add those, and you might have a bargain.

Evan
Yea its not crazy high but definitely would be better at a couple of hundred less, seller is open to offers so might be worth a try

Case appears to be heavily polished.

Glad you're asking questions first, slow down and be patient.

The case is way over polished and that gouge on the caseback would bother me. I’d find a better example. Especially at that price.

upload_2024-6-10_15-26-6.png

upload_2024-6-10_15-27-5.png

Its not so often to find a Connie with original papers, in case the movement no. matches, (and bracelet).
For me that has priority. You can interchange a case back, but not papers and movement.
If you want to just wear this watch, confirm the matching movement no and can get a better price, it may be ok.
Then I would look for a cheap exemple of the ref 168.029 with a better case back, and maybe a box, and you can get a complete and nice collectors watch.
It depends on your preferences.
Konrad
Edited:

The case might surprise everyone as these cases don't photograph well, sharp cases end up looking worn, unfortunate scratches on the caseback, but I think those blurry photos are hiding an unappealing dial - probably the main issue

Bracelet is rare and maybe half the value, so overall probably not bad of a deal, seller seemed like he'd accept significantly lower than listing