Forums Latest Members
  1. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Oct 11, 2019

Just out of curiosity I was browsing a local site and came across this watch with the following description:-

"Men's omega watch, this was left by my late father and its just been in the drawer collecting dust. I would love to see this go to good use by someone who maybe collects these or would like it to wear. I'm not familiar with pricing, any assistance pricing this would be of a great help. If you have any questions please drop me a message."

These are some of the pictures that accompany the ad:-

$_86 (1).jpg $_86 (2).jpg $_86 (3).jpg

Now, I'm not really a collector/expert, and I'd say what we have here is a Mumbai franken special. I'm somewhat puzzled by the 161.002 caseback reference as all the pictures are of no date models. The crown also looks like a more modern replacement. As for the seeming naivety of the seller - well, he seems to be able to take a caseback off and also has access to a display stand. All that being said, the asking price is only £200.

Hmmmm - Don Draper time maybe :unsure::cool:

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 11, 2019

Agree with your assessment (and the photos appear to be intentionally small). Guessing the seller is not telling the truth, and/ or his father lived in Mumbai.

3. Vitezi Oct 11, 2019

[​IMG]

Passover and DaveK like this.
  4. KingCrouchy Oct 11, 2019

A Mumbai Cocktail for 200£? Not today, the story is bs.

5. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Oct 11, 2019

The “watch has just been collecting dust” even though it is in a drawer, which strengthens your assumption that the seller lives in an arid country. ;)

Sidnos likes this.