Forums Latest Members

Opinions needed on UG microtor - authentic?

1. kalin91 Nov 7, 2023

Hi all,

Can anyone advice if any major flaws with this UG?

It looks nice to my eyes, but I could not find any similar model while browsing. Is it authentic - dial, hands, etc.?

Also, does anyone have any idea on the pricing of this one? As I said, I could not find any good reference (neither on past auctions on ebay).

I really like the watch, but don't want to get burned.

Many thanks!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Mazoue Nov 7, 2023

Yes, all correct.

It's a US reference, with a US case and a lower-jewelled movement with US import mark.

kalin91, Carlton-Browne and Larry S like this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 7, 2023

Lovely piece and another data point for our data base. I had no idea this happened with UG but not surprised. OP, linen dials are very hard to reprint so this looks good. Movement looks clean so service by a watchmaker who knows their business should be straightforward.

kalin91 likes this.
  4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 8, 2023

I'd want to check how badly that bracelet has damaged the inside of the lugs. You can see it on the inside top edges as well.

The back side of the lugs seem soft like they have been polished.

s-l1600.jpg

kalin91 likes this.
  5. kalin91 Nov 8, 2023

Thanks all for your input! I really struggled to find any information whatsoever on this piece (didn't come across any similar one). At some point even thought that the caseback is not original as this reference number was not showing up on any of the databases I found online.
    This has been listed as a Polerouter, but I don't see it signed as such anywhere on the watch. So, I guess just wrong info in the listing.

Indeed the linen dial makes it hard to redial it properly and so this looks fine compared to other linen dials which have been redialed.
    My only concern was with the E in GENEVE.

Would you expect that to be in the range of USD 400-500 or is my estimation wrong?

6. Carlton-Browne Nov 8, 2023

A watch does not have to be signed Polerouter to be a Polerouter but you would need a case reference that matches a known Polerouter model - I'm by no means an expert but I don't believe any of these American-cased models fall into that cohort. There might be somone on here who can confirm that - maybe the gentleman who is spending half his waking hours at a printing press currently :whistling:.

7. Mazoue Nov 8, 2023

Sorry, I can't really help with the US reference. I have some US brochures but nothing on that ref.

As you say, it's a Polerouter in all but name. It's effectively a gold filled Polerouter Jet.

kalin91 likes this.
  8. kalin91 Nov 8, 2023

Can the year of the watch be traced with the 4-digit reference number?