Opinions about this LONGINES 5 Star Admiral 14K Solid Gold

I was looking for a nice 5 Star Admiral, and found this 14k Solid Gold one but over my budget. The seller sent me an offer for $1,115.00, and I bought it. I hope it is a decent deal. Would appreciate any opinions. I've attached some photos but the eBay link has more.

Thank you.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276047983309
reference 60-394 A0

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Criminal that they show the weight for the entire watch with the gold plated bracelet. Maybe 20g for the bare case.

Listed at $1988.00, so you think you got a bargain at $1115.00, sorry you didn't.

"Some adjustments needed since this watch is 40 years old" = it needs a service.

Nice dial though.

The watch looks legit and in pretty nice condition as far as I can tell from the photos. Imported and cased in the US. It interesting to see an Admiral model in a U.S. case. May be fine, I just haven’t noticed that before. It would be interesting to get an extract from the Longines archives.

The watch looks legit and in pretty nice condition as far as I can tell from the photos. Imported and cased in the US. It interesting to see an Admiral model in a U.S. case. May be fine, I just haven’t noticed that before. It would be interesting to get an extract from the Longines archives.

Yes, I reached out to Longines and requested an extract from their archives of the watch. Will be interesting to see what they say about it.

Criminal that they show the weight for the entire watch with the gold plated bracelet. Maybe 20g for the bare case.

Listed at $1988.00, so you think you got a bargain at $1115.00, sorry you didn't.

"Some adjustments needed since this watch is 40 years old" = it needs a service.

Nice dial though.
I didn't think it was a bargain, just a fair price. I compared it to many sales and the extra for the solid vs plated/gf seemed correct to me, and the better option. My first solid gold Longines. I want to get one with the ship medallion on the back, but still looking.

So this watch arrived today, and I immediately noticed something. The hour hand does not match up with the minute hand where it should be show the time correctly. When the minute hand is at 6 (to show the half an hour position) the hour hand will show directly on an hour-- not halfway between as should be the case. When I move the min hand to show 6:30 pm, for example, the hour hand will move directly on 7.

Looking at the pics I can see the movement taken out and it is correct. I assume this is a very easy fix, but will need to open the watch to make the adjustment. I guess the watchmaker will fix this easily. It appears to be keeping time so far. See pics.

Yes, I reached out to Longines and requested an extract from their archives of the watch. Will be interesting to see what they say about it.

I heard back from Longines about the watch. I'm surprised they responded so fast. To share:

Dear Mr. Navarrete,

We thank you for contacting us and for your interest in Longines watches.

Further to your request, we are pleased to provide the information contained in Longines' handwritten registers.

Originally, the serial number 12'732'445 identifies a Longines mechanical self-winding movement, caliber 343. It was invoiced on 4 February 1965 to the company Longines-Wittnauer Watch Co., INC., which was at that time our agent for the USA.

The other parts of the watch were produced locally under license from Longines. Unfortunately, since the relevant archives are not in our possession, we are unable to provide any further information on your model.

May we kindly ask you to provide us with your postal address so that we can send you the Extract from the Archives?

Waiting for your reply, we remain at your entire disposal for any additional information you may require.

Sincerely yours,

Anne Develey
Branding and Heritage

Compagnie des Montres Longines Francillon SA
CH-2610 Saint-Imier, Switzerland
Phone +41 32 942 53 08