Forums Latest Members

Opinion on Vacheron Constantin 6405

1. Aquariusmatic Aug 26, 2022

I'm interested to hear from owners of this small beauty their opinions about the piece... What are their going prices today and what alternative from VC or other higher end manufacturers would you suggest instead of this piece if any...
    What to look out for when buying?

Photos and wristshots more than welcomed!

Thank you

2. johnireland Sep 14, 2022

I've always admired their dress watches...especially automatics with center seconds. But I've never ended up buying one. I had a Patek once, but when I strapped it on, it always felt lacking. I sold it after about 4 months.

Larry S and Aquariusmatic like this.
  3. tinkercompanies Feb 26, 2023

quick take from top of mind....Pros:

• High-Quality Movement: The 6405 is powered by a high-quality mechanical movement that is both accurate and reliable.
    • Classic Design: The watch has a timeless and elegant design that will never go out of style.
    • Prestigious Brand: Vacheron Constantin is one of the oldest and most prestigious watch brands in the world, with a reputation for exceptional craftsmanship.
    • Limited Production: The 6405 is a limited edition watch, which adds to its exclusivity and value.
    Cons:

• High Cost: The 6405 is a very expensive watch, which may be a barrier for some buyers.
    • Size: The watch has a relatively small case size at 36mm, which may not appeal to those who prefer larger watches.
    • Limited Features: The 6405 is a simple time-only watch, which may not appeal to those who prefer more complex watch functions.

4. steversaurus Mar 9, 2023

I find smaller watches ~36mm not that much of a problem provided that you don't have gigantic wrists. The timeless / simpler design works well with the smaller case sizes.