Forums Latest Members

One Watch to Rule them all....Vacheron Constantin Overseas

1. alikara Jan 4, 2021

The blue dial is just amazing in person

DSC_0324_edited_cropped.jpg

applebook, maskwp, duc and 5 others like this.
  2. Martin_J_N Jan 5, 2021

Stunning, simply stunning, thanks for sharing

Vaipec likes this.
  3. Vaipec Jan 5, 2021

Agree, stunning, and the photo doesn't do justice
    IMG_20201216_161055.jpg

maskwp likes this.
  4. Vaipec Jan 5, 2021

Still needs breaking in

IMG_20210105_114521.jpg IMG_20210105_114419.jpg IMG_20210105_114230.jpg IMG_20210105_114207.jpg
    loniscup and Martin_J_N like this.
  5. Vaipec Jan 5, 2021

Starman71, maskwp, Alfista88 and 2 others like this.
  6. Vaipec Jan 5, 2021

To be honest I find the bracelet much more comfortable and better fit. I have a skinny 14cm wrist

loniscup likes this.
  7. johnny5 Jan 5, 2021

I love the watch on bracelet and the rubber but if I’m honest I don’t like the crocodile so much.

I tried wearing it with a suit since I was wearing cuff links that day to avoid marking up the bracelet, and I couldn’t shake the feeling that it was a little awkward on the crocodile. I also have a JLC ultra thin moon on blue crocodile and that watch kills it with a suit. I kept wishing I had just worn the JLC that day.

The overseas is amazing with its versatile strap swap but just as the royal oak or nautilus would be a bit goofy on a leather/crocodile the overseas is best worn on bracelet or rubber IMO.

8. Vaipec Jan 6, 2021

I agree with you 100% even more with a skinny wrist.

9. maskwp Jan 19, 2021

I just went through the pictures on this thread quickly - the Overseas is an absolute stunner and it without a doubt, I would choose it over any Nautilus or RO. It is still somehow underrated, isn't it? The "time only" is a very strong contender for the ultimate "one-watch" collection, given that the straps are making it so versatile. However, I think the dual time is a sleeper and absolutely underrated these days... I do have a thing for simple watches and the Overseas has won my heart the first time I saw one in the metal. I recently saw a video on YT and the Overseas was displayed next to a Pepsi GMT, which looked like a toy next to the refined and understated VC - exactly what I like ; )

10. Vaipec Jan 20, 2021

yes, it's underrated IMO. Once you see it in the metal is stunning. I've tried the RO 15202 and although is an amazing time piece I don't think it worth the price difference.

11. scapa Jan 26, 2021

Thanks for a great review of a beautiful watch. Once our kids become tech millionaires and forgo their allowances I look forward to investing in an Overseas, a garden, and a bulk carton of Q-tips to keep both in fine fettle.

12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 26, 2021

Nicely resurrected thread. Beautiful watch

Joe_A likes this.
  13. guaranteed.rohu Jan 26, 2021

love the OS. better movement (finishing anyway) than anything rolex / AP has to offer, IMO, as a competitor. Arguably better movement than the nautilus too, bracelet construction is definitely better than the 5711.

seriously underrated. for me unfortunately it is just a touch thick and bulky.

14. guaranteed.rohu Jan 26, 2021

... but sometimes theres something nice in having a weighty well made watch on your wrist, that feels expensive.

15. plibou Jan 28, 2021

superbe , if only they could propose the same but more thin :)

16. Alfista88 Jan 29, 2021

Beautiful watches. I aspire to own either an Overseas, or a manual-wind Traditionnelle as my first VC someday. This thread is a good motivator to keep my eye on that prize :thumbsup:

Interesting to see the Pour Le Merite a couple pages back. I played alot of Red Baron 2 as a kid, and earning that Blue Max was the crowning achievement of my virtual career as a WW1 fighter pilot haha.

Maybe the the symbolism isn't everyone' cup of tea, but it tips this watch even higher up the scale of desirability in my eyes. A blue dial Overseas that rekindles memories of my childhood flying mission after mission in pursuit of that Blue Max...plus fond memories of summer vacations in Malta... the Maltese cross only evokes positive emotions for me.

Does the caliber 5100 have an instantaneous date change, like Rolex 31xx or 32xx movements? Or is it more of a slow & gradual change, like Omega's 8900?

From the looks of the movement - I'm guessing it has ceramic ball bearings. Is the rotor sound noticeable? I've gotten spoiled by Omega's 8900 silent rotors. But for a watch as beautiful as the Overseas, I can live with a little sound.

17. Vaipec Jan 29, 2021

No, no instantaneous date change and one way winding with ceramic, definitely noisy.

Alfista88 likes this.
  18. Dr. Green Feb 4, 2021

No Chronos here?

19. DNX Feb 7, 2021

Just agreed on Friday on a deal for a VC Overseas - need to decide tomorrow on colour - I dont want the blue, and am torn between the black and the silver - what i want is 2 things from the dial - 1) maximum legibility and 2) the colour dial and hands that show off the fine craftmanship to its fullest - looking for something that looks elegant....and go back and forth every few hours between black and silver...

20. ChetBaker Feb 8, 2021

It depends on what else you have in your collection. If it’s all black dials I would go for the silver. If not, the black is a very versatile watch that may looks just a tad smaller on your wrist.