Forums Latest Members

One Watch to Rule them all....Vacheron Constantin Overseas

1. timoss Feb 8, 2021

Always bet on black.

maskwp likes this.
  2. maskwp Feb 14, 2021

I think that depends on your style/preference and what else is in your collection? I would go with the black dial, I think it might be a little bit more timeless long term.

3. DNX Feb 18, 2021

OMG the VCO arrived by DHL this morning - what a watch, next to my Rolex Sub and Omega Seamaster it just oozes different class - over the moon - couldn't be happier, worth every penny and then some - absolutely love it. Pics coming soon...

munichblue, Starman71 and stormshadow like this.
  4. mikeo1 Feb 18, 2021

What color dial did you select?

5. DNX Feb 19, 2021

Black dial - and it is a very very deep black - side by side with the Sub it makes the Sub look grey almost and a bit of a Tonka Toy in comparison...

6. Starman71 Feb 22, 2021

Great writeup OP! I was wondering how its going? Still in the honeymoon? Have you scratched or dinged it yet? How does it wear as a one and only?

7. DNX Mar 19, 2021

a month or so on, and I am loving it more each day - wore my submariner for a couple of days then back to the overseas and its like stepping out of a very very nicely kept older S-Class and then climbing into a brand new Bentley....the overseas is just in a different league....find something new to admire about it almost every day

Alfista88 likes this.
  8. ChetBaker Mar 19, 2021

Having the same experience with my 116710 GMT here. Putting the VCO side by side with it really make it look like a toy. The dial looks deep black until you place it next to the Overseas. The GMT’s case and hands are so crudely finished it is off-putting. I think the Rolex is on its way out.

9. Vaipec Mar 19, 2021

Yes, but you have to consider pvp difference. Now if you pay market price, as a watch, the Rolex doesn't have a chance. Tool rugged watch, mass produced, vs houte horology hand finished. One can be a beater watch (although for me a beater is a casio) the vco probably couldn't stand being a beater. horses for courses.

10. DNX Mar 19, 2021

Exactly - whilst on its own my rolex is mint and looks good, side by side however with the vco its just out classed in every way - my rolex also going to end up being sold....

The hands is a good point in comparison the mercedes hands on the rolex look good - but next to the vco they look like the hands on child's toy watch.

11. DNX Mar 19, 2021

True - but when you have a ferrari and say a van, you will find that you will only really ever drive the ferrari - so whilst the rolex doesnt have a chance RRP to RRP and the extra work and quality you get at the price of a VCO - I am looking to consolidate all my watches down to one - the VCO and wear it everyday regardless of the activity - I like the thought of just one watch now and let it be a companion - selling off my collection as whilst it was nice to have a large choice everyday, i didnt feel attached to any of them - like I do now with the vco and wear it 24x7 (except for whilst i am asleep)...

12. Vaipec Mar 19, 2021

Totally agree

13. munichblue Mar 23, 2021

Glad to see so many new Vacheron Constantin Overseas converter.... :)

ErichPryde likes this.
  14. Donverdi May 19, 2021

Hi. I've recently purchased a VC Overseas self-winding with the silver dial. Love this watch. Was tempted by the blue dial, but in the end for me the silver is more versatile. My question is this though, can anyone comment on what the lifespan of the watch should be providing it is serviced in line with VC's recommendations and always looked after? I'm in my mid 40s and wondered whether this is something my son might one day inherit if I lived to say, 80. Is is reasonable to expect him to enjoy another 40 or so years with it (assuming he doesn't sell it at the first opportunity!!)

15. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 21, 2021

Yes, Quite reasonable. Think about all the watches that you can find around from 1980's (that's 40 years) now see how many you can find from the 70's, 60's, 50's and even 40's and earlier.

So yes, a VC will last you over 40 yrs.

16. mikeo1 May 21, 2021

There are plenty of V&C's around from the 30's and 40's most are smaller than today's sizes. Here's a piece from the 40's (top) and one from 2000 (bottom) upload_2021-5-21_14-54-51.jpeg IMG_20210521_125209248.jpg at are

17. Starman71 May 24, 2021

What is the best way to source an Overseas? I don’t live near a boutique. Just call one up and ask to be placed on a list?

18. raclaims May 27, 2021

OS line is basically sold out for years...I'd call a boutique and inquire...I have a few VC''s and they are stellar!

Starman71 likes this.
  19. applebook Jun 3, 2021

I really dig the brown dial also!

20. applebook Jun 3, 2021

Just to spite the snowflakes, I now find the Maltese Cross even more alluring ;) Now I have to own a VC.

Alfista88 likes this.