Forums Latest Members

Omega X-33 Gen 1 and Gen 2 prices

1. speedygrail Sep 11, 2020

Has anyone noticed used prices in this past year on the x-33 have really skyrocketed? Or perhaps it’s just my timing of checking on prices. What used to be $1000-$1500 watch is now $2200 +?!

2. Meme-Dweller Sep 11, 2020

I blame Elon Musk

Dor_42, Wivac, 8100_RPM and 2 others like this.
  3. speedygrail Sep 11, 2020

Yup, darn space x product placement

4. orlis Sep 11, 2020

yes, and you won't even find a single offer on x-33 gen 2 (3291.50.00) on chrono24, eBay or watch recon.
    NASA is still using gen2 for their astronauts, not skywalker so that makes gen 2 even more desirable

5. rcs914 Sep 11, 2020

Someone sold a head only gen 1 on Reddit yesterday for $500 because the backlight didn't work. I missed it. :(

Foo2rama, tikkathree and speedygrail like this.
  6. Bugbait Sep 12, 2020

I probably should take better care of my Gen2 then :whistling:. But it's such a good utility watch, covered in "life scars" even after being in for 2 full services with Omega and polished up over its 15 years of service with me (purchased brand new). Even had the movement upgraded to the 1666C.

speedygrail likes this.
  7. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 12, 2020

If you try living with one you will understand fairly quickly why they are not in the same price bracket as Moonwatches, even though in the past 15 years they have a much more impressive service history...

8. hockey Sep 12, 2020

I had a Gen2 for about eight years. Wore it on and off in rotation and found it to be a very versatile piece. I used the alarm a few times (mostly for the novelty as your cell phone can do the same), the countdown timer and the chronograph regularly. For the money, I think the watch represents a great value. And it combined an analogue timekeeping function with several digital functions in a lightweight titanium case. I really enjoyed it for the time I had it. Never had any sort of problem with it, just battery changes.

cicindela and speedygrail like this.
  9. speedygrail Sep 12, 2020

What made you decide to get rid of it? A new piece?

10. EricCsN Sep 12, 2020

Indeed Gen 2 is now hugely sought after SpaceX successful launch. They are nowhere to be found and if one is selling it is way above my price point.

11. hockey Sep 12, 2020

Yes, used funds towards another piece, a 3572.50.00.

speedygrail likes this.
  12. burnrbr Sep 12, 2020

B6C2F90A-0003-4232-9489-871D2BDE39A0.jpeg The 3291.50 Gen 2 is my daily. Extremely light and comfortable. I often make use of the UTC function so that’s always the default digital screen. Love it!

13. Wivac Terribly special Sep 13, 2020

Yes, been tracking these for a while. Defo uptick, I shall sit and bide my time

speedygrail likes this.
  14. pdxleaf ... Sep 13, 2020

I was in a bidding contest this year for a NASA decommissioned stock X-33 but gave it up at 6.5 k usd (add 25% commission.) I thought 3.5k was double the amount of a regular X-33 so going to 6k plus seemed crazy. Not so sure now. I am wondering if I it will seem a bargain in only a few more years.

One thing for sure, they are a lot of watch for 1.5k used. It makes sense that they increased some in price relative to the value. I think they were under priced. But hopefully the pace of increase will slow or stabilize.

Caesar95 and blubarb like this.
  15. MTROIS Sep 13, 2020

I did manage to add one to my collection this past January for around $2,200 from a popular seller here, @Kringkily , whom I can't recommend enough!!

I must admit that my expectations for this watch were quite "measured":

- quartz watch, whenever I swear by mechanical ones only.
    - titanium watch, whenever I usually love the relative heft of SS watches, and have now been spoiled by the presence of the Apollo 11 50th in Moonshine gold.
    - large diameter, whenever I usually hover around 40mm.

In the end, I can not say enough good things about this watch:
    - its light weight make it supremely comfortable on the wrist.
    - the bracelet links and clasp allow me finally for a PERFECT fit, something I have never been able to reach with the standard SS bracelet of my Tintin or my regular hesalite Speedy, especially since we can no longer use the half link from the 2254.50.
    - Diameter is a bit on the larger side, but given the extra cool functions available on the watch and backlight available at night, I don't mind. This is anyway not a dressy watch by any stretch of the imagination, so it makes for a supremely versatile watch.
    - last but not least for me, it simply does not scratch easily!! I don't know what it is, if it is the grade of Titanium used or what, but this is one sturdy watch.

The biggest drawback is still its very low water resistance.... but I happily do trade this for a very loud alarm. :thumbsup:

All in all, a great buy, even above $2,500 IMO

Edited Sep 13, 2020
    burnrbr, speedygrail and pdxleaf like this.
  16. burnrbr Sep 13, 2020

I purchased mine from @Kringkily as well and agree that he’s a fantastic seller. Prices definitely have gone up but he posted it for a fair price at the time for a full set. For those looking for one, maybe just PM him and ask him to keep an eye out for another one. I had lost a couple of bids on eBay before I found his for sale thread here.

pdxleaf likes this.
  17. EricCsN Sep 13, 2020

Et tu ? I did see that he was offering an X33 weeks ago, guess that was gone because he didnt reply.

18. burnrbr Sep 13, 2020

If it was posted in June, I think that might have been the one I purchased! Sorry bud. I had been looking for Gen2 full set for a while and jumped at that once I saw it posted. I was actually researching parts to convert my Gen1 into a 3291.50 when that became available. Seems like those go shortly after they are posted. The SpaceX launch definitely didn’t help availability/prices much. Good luck in your search.

19. EricCsN Sep 13, 2020

Now I know who was the lucky guy. Your fingers are fast. Congrats.

burnrbr likes this.
  20. Bugbait Sep 14, 2020

Will be interesting to see if the price does stabilize or come down. With SpaceX continuing to fly missions for NASA and the lack of availability new, it might be harder to find good examples as time passes.