Forums Latest Members
  1. Shaun_UK Jul 18, 2021

Hi all,

I have a 3330 speedmaster racing and the globemaster 8900.

Can I sit them on my auto winder indefinitely? Is it possible they can be overwound?

Thanks

2. amfalconer Jul 18, 2021

Unlikely, but using a winder continuously may lead to greater wear.

swissra and Omegafanman like this.
  3. Cayohuesovespa Jul 18, 2021

You cannot overwind an omega auto unless you forcibly turn the crown which will cause plenty of damage to other parts.
    Gently turning on the winder won't do it...
    I leave my "up on deck" watches in the winder all week. Then after wearing , I put em in the box where they unwind themselves.

4. Canuck Jul 18, 2021

Many modern auto wind watches have an auto wind system that winds with the rotor turning in only one direction. That means that, if your watch winder turns in an incorrect direction, the watch won’t wind. You might be okay if you know which direction must turn to do the winding, or if you have a winder that alternates the rotation of the watch(es). You will find much discussion on the message board pertaining the likes and dislikes of watch winders. I have one. But I use it only for testing the auto wind on a watch I have repaired, and also as a means of doing final regulation. Otherwise, I am in the “don’t use them” camp.

Omegafanman and lindo like this.
  5. PandaSPUR Jul 18, 2021

vadimo likes this.
  6. Shaun_UK Jul 19, 2021

PandaSPUR likes this.
  7. Shaun_UK Jul 19, 2021

The winder I have does both directions and will alternate also.

Ho
    How realistic is the 'extra wear you rendered to?

8. CharlieM0uze Mar 19, 2022

I also have a 3330. I know about auto-winders but I don't have one and I know the watch must be worn to keep power but I was wondering if it is normal for manual winding at the crown should be so stiff. I try to grab the crown with my thumb and finger but can only manage small turns because its so stiff. Is this normal?

IMG_2724.jpg
  9. Donn Chambers Mar 19, 2022

yes, the winding on the co-axil movements is pretty stiff. Not sure if you are familiar with other movements, but it will feel stiffer than an ETA 2892 or a Rolex movement. Just part of the design, so nothing to worry about.

CharlieM0uze likes this.