Omega Vintage Database Missing Data

I've noticed in the last few days that the Omega Vintage Database (OVDB) is missing caliber data relating to watches.

e.g.:

You can still filter search by caliber, but the info is no longer visible to me on the page relating to a watch.

???????

I have noticed that the information is spotty at best.

One would think in this day and age of big data, there would be better reference photographs.

Unfortunately, I think the caliber data is a victim of the fraud related to the $3M Speedmaster.

My opinion is that Omega wants to give out as little information on vintage watches as possible on their official channels to make it more difficult for people to replicate vintage watches.

It would not surprise me that when extracts are eventually brought back, that the caliber information is left off the documents delivered.

gatorcpa

So will they also reduce the cost of the extract? 😒

I have noticed that the information is spotty at best.

One would think in this day and age of big data, there would be better reference photographs.
And who would imagine that less and less information would be available as time passes.

And who would imagine that less and less information would be available as time passes.
Ask Rolex about that.

gatorcpa

So will they also reduce the cost of the extract? 😒
If I'm not too mistaken, I think they have removed that option and no more extracts will be issued.

If I'm not too mistaken, I think they have removed that option and no more extracts will be issued.

Omega has said that extracts will be available again in Summer 2024. (Details are available on one of the threads on this site, but I'm too lazy to search for it now.)

Omega has said that extracts will be available again in Summer 2024. (Details are available on one of the threads on this site, but I'm too lazy to search for it now.)
I already said I could be wrong hehe, I'm glad it's temporary. We will see.