Omega twin barrel/mainspring pros vs cons

Trying to understand if the benefits of the current Omega movements with twin barrel/mainsprings
have worthwhile advantages aside from longer power reserve.

My knowledge of mechanical movements is just enough to make me dangerous. So, I ask the knowledgeable members for information.

I have heard that the Omega movements with twin barrel and mainsprings can be more difficult to work on compared to the previous generation 2500D.
Apparently, because the mainsprings are interdependent, if one is even slightly off it can be difficult to diagnose which one is having a problem. And usually if one needs to be replaced they both end up being replaced.

The 2500D has only one mainspring and I typically get 52-54 hour power reserve. Not that much less than the current movements. My Longines L888.5
gets 72 hours of power reserve. My Longines is within 1-2 seconds/day slow and maintains great accuracy even towards the end of the power reserve. My 2500D runs -1second/day and also remains very accurate towards the end of the power reserve.
So, I ask what are the benefits of having twin barrels and mainsprings? They appear to be more finicky to work with.

I am aware that the new Omega movements are more antimagnetic. Although I have never had a problem with the 2500D, I think the Longines L888 is a bit more antimagnetic than the 2500D.
Clearly neither are anywhere near as antimagnetic and the current Omega movements.

Feedback is welcome

The advantage is that you have a longer power reserve, and using two smaller barrels instead of one larger one, allows for more flexibility in the layout.

The way Omega has configured these also helps to reduce timing variations due to isochronism.

In terms of downsides, I’m not sure where you get the idea they are more finicky comes from. When a watch is serviced, the mainspring or mainsprings are replaced at every service, so the concern that this requires “extra” mainspring replacements is really not a concern.

The two mainspring barrels are no more difficult to deal with in service than any others are, there’s just 2 instead of 1.

Cheers, Al