Forums Latest Members
  1. Walrus Oct 15, 2019

hello, someone in my area is selling this TC-1 with “box and papers” the watch had the batteries removed so no leakage but I know a new set up would need to be installed as the old battery is no longer made. I also know omega had little involvement with this watch other than the symbol applied to it. I think the price is around 120 now not including the cost to get it working again and if I’m not mistaken there is a chance the display may not function right even if the new battery is set up. So I’m curious if anyone has experience with these. Is it unwise to even consider pulling the trigger on this? The only reason I’m considering it is that it’s down to 120usd it has that cool 70’s vibe, does have at least some connection to omega but I have no idea what the cost to get it up and going would be and what are the chances it would be fully functional if I attempted it. Thank you for any feedback

upload_2019-10-15_11-56-59.jpeg

upload_2019-10-15_11-57-55.jpeg

Toishome and 3nicewatches like this.
  2. Walrus Oct 16, 2019

Hey I’ll just let this drop if I get no further response. It’s not that I’m seeking this watch it’s just that it popped up in my area and I’m looking into it. I don’t know if it would be worth picking up seeing if it could be brought back to life and use as trade in the future. Just something I’m bouncing around.

3. CJpickup57 Oct 16, 2019

Can you afford to lose $120 if it does not work?

If it ends up working for $120 and the price of battery install, If anything, it looks like it could spark a conversation with someone while in public if that is something you like. The style isn't my cup of tea, but it sure is noticeable. Heck, nowadays some youngin' might think it is a modded apple watch or something ha ha.

Walrus likes this.
  4. bags1971 Oct 16, 2019

There is a place in London who will fix or put a new module in it plenty of info about these watches

https://pulsarledtime.com/home.php

Plus it’s worth a lot more than $120 working or not look at eBay completed listing for one with box and papers

Dibs if you don’t want it and want to flip it :)

Edited Oct 16, 2019
    Walrus likes this.
  5. Walrus Oct 16, 2019

Ya the 120 is ok I mean I would hate to try to fix it and find the display not functioning properly. I haven’t looked much into it value wise. I’ll check out the link the gentleman put out but I’m in the US, I’m sure it can done around here to, I looked at it a while ago I just don’t remember costs etc. it isn’t my cup of tea so to speak either but I do have some interest in it. I guess it’s worth pursuing I was curious if anyone here ever went through the process of restoring one and how it worked out.

6. Walrus Oct 16, 2019

Thanks and I just shot off an email to the company you listed

7. Walrus Oct 16, 2019

Thanks to both you guys. It wasn’t that I was worried about losing 120 bucks it was more that I know omega had little to do with the watch and didn’t know if it was even worth messing with. I contacted the seller hoping to meet up this week and take a look.

8. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Oct 16, 2019

Its a pretty damn cool looking watch if you get it working, no matter how much or little Omega had to do with it. So if you can afford the funds and the risk of more funds to fix/refurbish, I say go for it. Cool 70s vibe indeed!

9. Walrus Oct 16, 2019

Damn as you know 120 then another couple hundred to fix a watch is chump change to us watch nuts. That’s not saying I’m loaded with money just that watches are an expensive addiction

Edited Oct 16, 2019
  10. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Oct 16, 2019

I know...we’re all crazy. I remember when I told my late Dad how much I paid for my first Omega...I will never forget the look on his face as he said “you paid how much for a watch!” My Dad liked watches, and had 5-10 of them when he died, but I reckon his collection might have fetched $50!

11. Toishome Oct 16, 2019

The box is worth more than $120
    DO IT FAST

queriver and Walrus like this.