Forums Latest Members
  1. Devid93 Mar 19, 2023

Hi guys,

Edited Mar 20, 2023
  2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 19, 2023

Inside: Google it. I sell one of them here. Look that up and check yours .

3. Devid93 Mar 19, 2023

to my beginner eyes they look the same, thank you so much for pointing me to your photos.
    What do you think about it?

4. Devid93 Mar 19, 2023

5. Dan S Mar 19, 2023

If you’re not able to authenticate and you don’t trust the seller, don’t buy it.

6. Devid93 Mar 19, 2023

im not able to authenticate but i trust the seller. Im here asking some advice about what see for undestrand if it's real. For example would you be able to tell that the one in link is fake? how could i notice it?

7. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Mar 19, 2023

8. Devid93 Mar 19, 2023

Ok, maybe I'm a little too gullible :)

Dsloan likes this.
  9. mhanson Mar 19, 2023

I have a 3594.50 that I purchased new and was manufactured in October 1999. It has the same black leather box as that one and the bracelet is the same, too. My serial number starts with 7700 which, according to a google search, was a new numbering system that began in 1999 and the 48xx numbers ended sometime in 1999. My warranty card looks just like the one you show except mine has a different number where yours has 1121. I can't say for sure if it is fake or not but it looks the same as my watch w/box and card.

Monaco Bavaria likes this.
  10. Monaco Bavaria Mar 19, 2023

First:
    The photos from the “Fake watches“ website a probably photos from a real watch.

Second:
    On first glance the watch, the box and the card looks correct.

Third:
    The missing stamp on the card makes me think that some of the previous owners could have bought the watch without Box and Papers and then could have bought additionally an original Box and empty original warranty card. Could!

Fourth:
    The real problem with a (cheep) Speedmaster is that it could (!) be a Frankenwatch.
    High grade replicas (aka Rolex & Patek) are not so common.

Fifth:
    If it is your first Speedmaster - pay if necessary a bit more and buy it from so a person you trust.

Sixt:
    The early 2000s Broad Arrow 1957 Replica cal. 1861 looks gorgeous and is IMHO very underrated, BUT the model is very light sensitive and looks sometimes different then on the photos. If possible take a look on the model in different lighting conditions before buying.

Seventh:
    IMHO the later version with the later bracelet / buckle with 2 buttons is preferable.

Dsloan likes this.
  11. Donn Chambers Mar 19, 2023

Or,

1) The original buyer bought on the gray market. Lots of watches were sold with open papers in the late 90s and early 2000s because dealers didn’t want their name on the cards.

2) the AD couldn’t be bothered to stamp the card (or write their info) and left the date open in case the buyer returned it. Again, pretty common practice in that era. The ADs got blocks of cards with no writing on them and had to fill them out themselves. Some had a stamp for the dealer info, some wrote in by hand. Some just didn’t care.

ErichPryde and Monaco Bavaria like this.