Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Jun 22, 2017

You may be right......

fskywalker likes this.
  2. patmoon89 Jun 22, 2017

That would be insane. I don't think the ST will reach Daytona prices. Mostly because I think Daytona C prices right now are just outrageous. I think a white Daytona C is listed for 15-18k. That's just stupid. Especially since you can just wait for it at some point.

I was just saying if someone had a Daytona C and wanted to trade...i would have to do it I think...

Travelhomedad and fskywalker like this.
  3. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Jun 22, 2017

I have to say I think I prefer the new White Speedmaster racing to the Daytona C.
    Would probably consider swapping the ST for the new Sea Dweller though.....

fskywalker likes this.
  4. patmoon89 Jun 22, 2017

Enough speculation about worth! I'm pretty jealous people are even getting theirs! I want mine!!!

Pibbow, mpcdude and fskywalker like this.
  5. pianomankd Jun 22, 2017

What did I say that implies risk? I was simply telling the quoted poster that he can still list things for under 1k with his eBay limit. Thanks for trying though.

fskywalker likes this.
  6. Bushido Jun 22, 2017

Part of me thinks I should feel bad for all the people suffering angst and stress over if/when their ST will be shipped and arrive. Then, I remind my west coast residing self that I missed the boat and am stuck on the waiting list...

Yeah, I am okay with all you lucky SOBs suffering a little while longer ;)

Jwit, amiga500, Soleith and 3 others like this.
  7. patmoon89 Jun 22, 2017

Sorry bud! Hopefully you get your chance!!!

fskywalker likes this.
  8. MCG555 Jun 23, 2017

I think this is the wrong question! You should ask yourself what YOU like better, not what OTHERS like better... But I guess my input will puff in the air... :)

fskywalker likes this.
  9. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 23, 2017

That you Ken? 2 Snoopies and a ST. You are developing serial flippertis!

joerg and fskywalker like this.
  10. KJH666 Jun 23, 2017

It is indeed and the flipping must come to a stop. I sold about ten £300 to £500 watches to raise the funds for the ST when the Ed White came along. I will wait until the ST arrives and have a long hard look at all three and decide which, if any, has to go.

fskywalker and padders like this.
  11. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 23, 2017

I do have sympathy. I haven't seen your EW but if Mike W supplied it, it will likely be sound. If I found a decent clean Ed White at less than silly money I would be sorely tempted. Of the 3, my feelings lean towards flipping the big Moonphase but you would likely take more of a hit on that so financially the ST makes most sense. I have a similar dilemma in that something has to make room and in my case I am flipping my 3570 since they seem to make strong money at present and offer nothing extra over the ST.

fskywalker likes this.
  12. petay993 Jun 23, 2017

I have a feeling that the flipping activity on this piece is going to be off the scale. What this will do to values will be interesting to track.

Althought the delivery channel was ostensibly directed towards those who are Speedmaster fans and social media savvy (not necessarily in that order!) it will almost certainly have been exploited by a significant number of individuals who scent a simple and relatively painless way of achieving a quick potential 100% profit. The Rolex SS Sports model range currently plastered all over Ebay UK at varying levels of pricing optimism is symptomatic of this current hunger to make a quick buck amongst those who may not ordinarily have much interest in wrist watches.

The failure to request a reservation deposit by Omega may prove telling over the next few weeks.

13. Pun Jun 23, 2017

I am sure you can't solicit offers here unless you complete certain posts. The Moderator may intervene and bring discipline to this thread otherwise it may be hijacked into FS thread.

Tet and fskywalker like this.
  14. KLB Jun 23, 2017

That is a wonderful first post! Welcome & good luck!

fskywalker likes this.
  15. amcogrady Jun 23, 2017

I agree about the flipping of the watch, although I think alot of people who had every intention of keep ing the watch are having their heads turned by the numbers quoted.
    Personally, I was very close to ordering the orignal moonwatch to complete my collection, when the ST came up. I am now in a position where, if the numbers are right, I could flip the ST and purchase the moonwatch for free! A very tricky decision.

Tet and fskywalker like this.
  16. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jun 23, 2017

::popcorn::

(unavoidable, we said :D)

17. donsaimon Jun 23, 2017

I am in your same position... I have always desired the classic moonwatch... temptation to have it for "free" is very very high!

amcogrady likes this.
  18. petay993 Jun 23, 2017

I bet Watchfinder are rubbing their hands with glee, they think they are big enough to influence/set market pricing now, maybe they are.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are not already setting up a dedicated help line for ST flippers right about now (premium rate of course!) :)

I must check where mine is up to although picking up from a lowly AD in unfashionable Manchester with a high serial number suggests I may be in for a bit of a wait.

19. patmoon89 Jun 23, 2017

Woohoo! 100 pages!

20. patmoon89 Jun 23, 2017

Damn! You beat me to it!