Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Mr Gadget Jun 21, 2017

Just heard form Arthur. Mine is not in the first batch coming to Bond Street next week :(

fskywalker likes this.
  2. MCG555 Jun 21, 2017

I know the watch. Had it on my wrist several times. There is no such thing as "too much expectation"... ;)::psy::

3. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jun 21, 2017

We need to form a club to help each other through with weekly meet-ups. Speedy Tuesdayholics Anonymous.

4. waXology Jun 21, 2017

Fellow Londoner here. Mine reserved for Regent St OB. Question is, who is Arthur? is he from the Bond St? Or Omega UK?

I'm high 1600's but still want to reach out to them

fskywalker likes this.
  5. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Jun 21, 2017

Arthur is the guy from omega who responds if you email the address of your update email. He seems to be the person helping coordinate distribution, from Omega in Switzerland.

fskywalker likes this.
  6. waXology Jun 21, 2017

Legend, thanks. I will reach out.

fskywalker and neilfrancis like this.
  7. mpcdude Jun 21, 2017

Was told by Arthur that my ST is still in production. The wait continues...

fskywalker likes this.
  8. patmoon89 Jun 21, 2017

Can someone share Arthur's email?

fskywalker likes this.
  9. mpcdude Jun 21, 2017

I just email to the Speedy Tuesday email address.

Soleith and fskywalker like this.
  10. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 22, 2017

I think people need to relax a little here and stop acting like kids in the car on a long journey. Bombarding Omega with 'are we there yet' emails will just mean they reconsider this novel distribution method and leave it to the dealers who screwed up several earlier launch processes.

It will arrive when it arrives.

Lonestar, Bienne2998, Tintin and 7 others like this.
  11. MCG555 Jun 22, 2017

There are not many places for adult men to be and act (again) like children! Mechanical watches, at least for me, is one of those places! :p

nixf6, Soleith, N1CK and 4 others like this.
  12. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Jun 22, 2017

I'd not wish to sound po-faced but whilst these posts may be therapeutic if you're that impatient, they are just bunging up the thread and add no wit, insight or entertainment. As Padders said, and I have previously posted, all the fuss and the seeking of unnecessary replies from the company could be simply irritating to Omega, and that won't benefit anyone.

Lonestar likes this.
  13. lillatroll Jun 22, 2017

I am sure the majority of emails they receive are legitimate questions. In the beginning it was estimated that delivery would be June, July. Then it was pushed into June, July August and now into September. People need to be prepared. Added to this are questions about how long you have to pick up your watch once you receive notification. What if you plan to pick up your watch from another country? All of these issues are unclear. I 100% agree that mailing for the sake of mailing is a bit of a waste of time. I also think that omega have the resources to deal with 2012 emails everyday until they are delivered, if not then they need more bodies to man the decks.:)

Pun, sun_devil and orlis like this.
  14. amiga500 Jun 22, 2017

I would suggest that Omega are loving every aspect of this! It is an experiment that worked 100% and the buzz created for this watch has been unprecedented. They sold 2012 watches at full margin with no discounting and no major overheads. Answering a few excited emails from prospective customers should not be too much concern to them. Email away

N1CK, Tet, MCG555 and 2 others like this.
  15. MCG555 Jun 22, 2017

Absolutly correct!
    This is all about emotions! This is what people want! This is why people buy a watch! So this is what Omega is interested in as well. :)

Tet likes this.
  16. MCG555 Jun 22, 2017

Sorry, but it sounds po-faced... ;)
    Anyway, I got already a friendly reply from Omega.
    It depends of course on how and what you write... But I guess you know that... :rolleyes:

17. KJH666 Jun 22, 2017

You guys sending all the e-mails to Arthur must appreciate that Omega timescales are like no other, Jun to Aug to Omega means you will be lucky if you see your watches before Oct. Speedy Tuesdays will come to those that wait.

jv91 and fskywalker like this.
  18. waXology Jun 22, 2017

True, though at the end of the day they are a company providing a product. I understand no money has exchanged so there really isn't any obligation for Omega though a customer seeking an update is part and parcel of running a business. I would say they expect the emails and are well prepared for them.

Tet and fskywalker like this.
  19. cpl Jun 22, 2017

I'm picking mine up next week

Pibbow, pianomankd, Soleith and 6 others like this.
  20. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jun 22, 2017

I agree with this(I've only sent the one email to Arthur BTW). I run a shop and take no issue with customers contacting me about something they might have ordered or be having repaired when I've already given them a pretty accurate time estimation, they're the ones spending the money and I perfectly understand if it's been a while and they give me a call(in my case) to see if there's an update. This is all part of being in sales IMO and the last Speedy Tuesday Stories email was in March, meanwhile the internet has gone a bit crazy with talk of deliveries etc. With that and let's face it a watch solely aimed at internet users(meaning most of those that ordered will be seeing all this going on) it's surely not unexpected they will get people looking for any tidbit of info they can gain. I'm sure Omega are prepared for this, seems a massive success so far and I can't see them thinking "not worth the hassle" at the end of it.

Anyway I booked a holiday yesterday for early September so I can be pretty damn sure that's when mine will arrive:whipped:

jv91 and fskywalker like this.