Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. N1CK Jun 3, 2017

Does nobody else find it a little strange that Omega hasn't provided any proper info yet on delivery dates?

Some of us are potentially receiving our watches very soon, and heard suggestions we have only a short window to collect them before they get re-assigned. It would be good to have some actual proper dates to work with so we can plan around them.

One OB did tell me there had been delays, but surely Omega knows what the delivery dates will be?

padders likes this.
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 3, 2017

someone mentioned above a 30 day period to collect your watch -- that's not a very short window.

3. blokk Jun 3, 2017

There's probably nothing to worry about. If they have not confirmed the delivery dates, they are not that close to that yet.

Where have you heard that the watches are being delivered very soon?

4. N1CK Jun 3, 2017

From the main man himself:

image.png

5. munichblue Jun 3, 2017

What's your point?

fskywalker likes this.
  6. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 3, 2017

N1ck: It will happen when it happens. Enhance your calm. Bitching and speculating will make not a jot of difference.

fskywalker likes this.
  7. demchocholips Jun 3, 2017

I thought that was a pretty generous window.

fskywalker likes this.
  8. pianomankd Jun 4, 2017

I can't WAIT! until the release of the #ST. Can't wait to pick this thing up!

#619 here! Birth date goodness!

Woot Woot!

Edited Jun 5, 2017
    Clancy Eccles likes this.
  9. Scepticalist Jun 5, 2017

So, for those of you who have arranged to pick up from an AD/Boutique. Is anyone concerned that they will "amend" the package by removing shipping stickers etc?

I'm considering dropping mine a line saying that I expect it to be handed over to me in the exact condition it was received.

10. lillatroll Jun 5, 2017

Why would that be important to anyone? ( just wondering)

11. Scepticalist Jun 5, 2017

Because maybe I don't fancy them handling a £4k watch amongst themselves before it gets to me, especially one which isn't their property?

12. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jun 5, 2017

I'm not worried personally, as long as there are no marks on the watch then they're welcome to have a look. Mind you I wouldn't be bothered about buying an expensive watch proudly displayed in a shop window either(not that I would like my ST to be in the window display when I turn up to collect it mind you, now that would be a bit cheeky;)).

13. lillatroll Jun 5, 2017

The watches and boxes are usually sent separately so someone needs to handle it. I am sure they will handle it as little as necessary.

14. lillatroll Jun 5, 2017

Me too, they can try it on if they like, or show whoever might want to see it. Don't see the problem, although I understand every one feels differently about it.

15. SSCOSMO Jun 5, 2017

I'm with you. I prefer not to have too many other people handle the watch, and definitely do not want them to allow other potential customers handling it or trying it on. I would like to be the first person to wear it, particularly since it's a watch that I reserved.

I asked my Boutique if they could not open the packaging the watch is shipped to them in before I see it, and they told me they could not do so. They said they need to check the watch upon receiving it, to make sure there's nothing wrong with it. The salesperson I spoke to said they would personally do the inspection and nobody else would touch the watch. I guess that's as much as I can ask for, but would be interested to know if others hear differently from their Boutique.

16. azcii Jun 5, 2017

Will we receive a watch box as well as the leather roll?

17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 5, 2017

You don't want anyone at Omega to touch your watch which they made and own until you pick it up....... :whistling:

OBs and ADs handle every watch that comes through their doors worth many times more than £4K

18. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 5, 2017

Well I hope it doesn't come through my OB. I saw one of the staff drop at least three watches while re-stocking displays one morning before opening.

And I saw a person sneeze on a FOIS while putting it in the box from the plastic transport case.

19. tyrantlizardrex Jun 5, 2017

If they're been cracked out of their plastic coffins, that's really going to effect the eBay resale value. ;)

jv91, Stewart H, Linzer and 2 others like this.
  20. TJH Jun 5, 2017

You don't mean to say that some people actually wear these watches do you?

MCG555 and fskywalker like this.