Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 29, 2017

Just saw this, mine's middle of the numbers so that should give me more time to save up the money and not have to live on baked beans too many months.

Riviera Paradise and Ewellblue like this.
  2. lillatroll May 29, 2017

There is a closed Facebook page for the Speedytuesday. A few people have posted their numbers there so you could join that and see if anyone has a number you are looking for.

3. David560 May 30, 2017

Thanks for the heads up! Have requested to join the facebook group so fingers crossed

4. fskywalker May 30, 2017

Someone posted this today on Facebook ST page; guess we are getting closer to shipment!

Speedy Tuesday Letter.jpg

5. Tintin May 30, 2017

I have 1403! Close enough? :)

6. Scepticalist May 30, 2017

I believe a swap thread on OF would be banned until the watches are actually delivered, as effectively you would be trading something you don't own?

fskywalker likes this.
  7. fskywalker May 30, 2017

Doesn't have to be a swap thread per se, just a thread were people indicates their number and their willingness to trade towards a different number

8. Scepticalist May 30, 2017

Not my call of course, but that's a bit semantic. You'd still be facilitating a trade on something you don't yet own.

I'd also think that Omega would get pretty peeved if lots of people started to request swaps of serial numbers. They may just refuse but it could put them off a similar distribution method in future.

Probably best to wait until the watches are in possession - after all it's only going to cost shipping each way to swap?

fskywalker likes this.
  9. fskywalker May 30, 2017

That's what I meant, people swapping once in possesion, not pretending to have OB to switch watches.

10. Tintin May 30, 2017

It was a great idea to allow us to choose our own number, but the platform mechanics for choosing the number was flawed from the start. Many, including myself, were not able to choose numbers at all because everyone who was in the system was given a random number once you are in the system. Once the number of people matched the number of available slots at that time, no one can choose a number even though we have not comfirmed the purchase. What Omega should have done was have a list of available numbers visible to everyone in the system. You can then quickly scan and lock the number you want. As long as the number of people in the system does not exceed the number of available slots, everyone in the system is guaranteed to get one.

Tet, Riviera Paradise and fskywalker like this.
  11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 30, 2017

Yea its just fraught with risk until the watch is in people's possession, and it goes beyond a watch FS or FT listing in being effectively (If I'm using the financial term correctly) a watch futures contract of sorts. So there's all of these instances of what if #94 and #1092 trade then due to some unforeseen error #94 was double booked or allocated and that person loses their place, does the trade stand and that guy miss out or does the trade unwind, or if someone fakes a confirmation letter (it takes 30 seconds to do) to get a slot when they didn't have one etc...

We're not doing that here, unless you have the physical watch in your possession you don't get to sell or trade it here, its just a minefield of what-ifs and risks.

fskywalker and SouthernScot like this.
  12. Smspectre May 30, 2017

Please don't say that about watch 94

speedamatuer and fskywalker like this.
  13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 30, 2017

Oh... I just pulled some numbers out of the air I forgot how many people here own them lol

Smspectre and fskywalker like this.
  14. fskywalker May 30, 2017

Not my number! By the way saw in Facebook that Robert-Jan holds 3 ST pieces (numbered 13, 315 and 1304) !!!!

Edited May 30, 2017
    Travelhomedad likes this.
  15. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE May 31, 2017

Talking of straps, who thinks it would look good on the Rallye strap?

16. citizenbogdan May 31, 2017

This is the link to the group: Feel free to join! ;) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1388631234561475/

Pibbow likes this.
  17. lillatroll May 31, 2017

I just ordered one of those featured on fratellowatches from Italy. Going to try it on my speedytuesday when it comes. The strap is made from a seat that used to be in a porsche 928.

18. Travelhomedad May 31, 2017

For all the USA and Canadian pickup, were you guys told that the prices included taxes or not? I got Omega telling me that in Canada it will be 7300 cad tax included

19. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. May 31, 2017

Well lucky then that the donor wasn't an early Turbo 911, because a related, oversteer-induced, theoretically solid, but probably not exactly viscous substance, might well be lurking therein!

abrod520, fskywalker and peatnick like this.
  20. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 31, 2017

Yea they're definitely not straps you want anywhere near a black light that's for sure.

fskywalker likes this.