Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Travelhomedad May 26, 2017

Seems like I should make a trip to visit both places with the extra money I save.

Ree likes this.
  2. jpizzzle May 27, 2017

Anyone else torn between this speedy and the new Daytona? I know pricing is almost double but one could theoretically flip this speedy if the demand is there and possibly be in daytona retail territory..

3. patmoon89 May 27, 2017

Yes. Even if you're a pure omega fan...you have to admit the ceramic Daytona is beautiful.

Not sure how much the ST would be "flipped" for but the Daytona is just has hard if not harder to get.

Actually as I type that out...maybe it's easier to get a Daytona since they're not limited. Eventually you'll be able to get one, just might take you years. If the ST is a hit in person when people pick them up, theoretically people may not want to release them into the wild...

4. Riviera Paradise May 27, 2017

Even if you did flip the ST for around US$10-12K, I just don't think the Daytona is worth its current overhyped US$17-18K price, at least if you are not close to pole position on an AD list to purchase at retail pricing.

Although a possible ST bubble might not last for ever, the current Speedy Snoopy bubble is still holding out 2 yrs after its launch, with watches being sold for US$12-13K.

I do see them as very different watches, and as @patmoon89 just posted above...at some time the Daytona will come down to retail pricing. If you really love the ST, purchase it, hold onto it, and wait for around 2yrs to buy the Daytona. You will have both watches and they will make a great combo:)

Bottom line: can't really see any motivation to flip a new ST purchase in the short term to purchase a non retail price ceramic Daytona.

rockdrock and munichblue like this.
  5. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. May 27, 2017

If you mean the £20K Cosmograph Daytonas, I see them as all flashiness and attention-seeking, whereas the ST is understated and both elegant and expressive of functional integrity. I'm convinced that many a Rolex is bought simply to impress others - and that's partly why the unwarranted high prices are paid, because that provides for additional boasting rights - and not just for the pleasure of ownership which I think characterises the Speedy experience.

N1CK likes this.
  6. jpizzzle May 27, 2017

My comment was based on getting a Daytona at retail. I'm on a few lists, and promised within a couple of months, but I'm not holding my breath. I just wouldn't be able to afford to get both at the moment. If the speedy Tuesday is a knockout in person it makes more logical sense for me to hold onto that now and wait to buy the Daytona later since the Daytona is mass produced in the speedy is limited. However I'm not sure when I'll be able to get the Daytona in terms of funds after purchasing the speedy.

7. Riviera Paradise May 27, 2017

Very well put on the ST, but perhaps we should not judge / generalize on the motivations for purchasing a Ceramic Daytona? It is not on my personal short list right now, but I do think the new ceramic bezel Daytonas are actually more sporty / laid back than previous versions.

8. jpizzzle May 27, 2017

My motivation for the Daytona is not based on trying to be a "show off." I've just simply always loved the aesthetics and it's been a dream watch of mine for a while. I think the history is interesting in the Daytona, but it's not a big factor for me to be honest. I think it's just a sexy beast, but the ST threw a major wrench in my plan as it had an appeal of its own.

IMG_1077.JPG IMG_1079.JPG
    rockdrock, duc, semper_shells and 2 others like this.
  9. Scepticalist May 27, 2017

Just buy the Daytona on your credit card, you can flip it the same day for a profit and re-buy when you have the cash.

I'm so far down the list for a white Daytona that realistically I'll not get one, if I was in your position I'd definitely keep both and find a way to pay for it.

semper_shells likes this.
  10. patmoon89 May 27, 2017

Whoa! Shots fired! People can't buy rolexes and appreciate the pleasure of ownership too? Come on bud. There are plenty of hippie dippie hipsters boasting vintage this and that (including omega and rolex) watches to be flashy. It's just a different type of flashy than the one you're talking about.

I'm trying not to get that peeved but it's always annoying to hear childish statements like yours. Looks are all subjective man. Stop judging people for their preferences.

11. Riviera Paradise May 27, 2017

Exactly and FTR I never was judging your motivation for the Daytona purchase.:)

Looking at the both watches together, I think my first reaction would probably be: the Speedy Tuesday is Extremely Cool:cool: and the Daytona is Very Sexy::love::

I think Extremely Cool has more longevity compared to Very Sexy...but I suppose that does depend on your age group:D

N1CK likes this.
  12. corn18 May 28, 2017

Robert-Jan posted this on FB today:

"A short update: it is going to happen soon (as in: very soon). In batches, so not all 2012 at once. As far as I understood, some low numbers will be first but it is no guarantee (depending on the QC process). Hope this helps killing the waiting time."

rockdrock, dsio, sensui and 3 others like this.
  13. omegasaso12 May 28, 2017

Nice. So my LE 30 and something is comming soon. Too bad I booked a flight to London on last week of June. #ST will have to wait for me at OB for some week(s).

14. David560 May 29, 2017

First time poster (but long time lurker) so please excuse me if this should go to another place in the forum.

I have been looking to get a speedy for a while and as soon as I saw the ST I loved everything about it and was luckily enough to reserve one. I currently have 2 watches – a AT8500 grey and a rolex gmt blnr - so the ST will get plenty of wrist time. This year my brother had his first child (my first nephew) and one day I would love to pass on the ST for a significant birthday (18th / 21st) given its a limited edition from his birth year (and a beautiful watch).

I know this is a very long shot but would make it even more special if I was able to get the number to represent his actual birthday – either 0417, 0414 or 1404. My number is 0393 and if anyone on this forum has one of those numbers (and the numbers isn't significant to them), it would be really amazing to be able to swap numbers in advance of picking up the watches (assuming omega would support that).

15. corn18 May 29, 2017

Just ordered up this strap with the brushed deployant from waccex. $85 to see how it looks. May get the Omega versions if it's all that.

16. padders Oooo subtitles! May 29, 2017

My strap arrived yesterday and I already have an OEM brushed deployant so I am all set. The strap looks good, decent quality with nice soft leather inside and will be going straight on my ST when it arrives.

17. patmoon89 May 29, 2017

I was wondering when someone would post a request like this. I'm in the same boat...sort of.

I got my anniversary date, but now that my wife is interested in a mother of pearl datejust....I'm hoping I can get my sons bday or mine!

Anyone out there have 1189, 0189, 0316, 0328?

18. corn18 May 29, 2017

I had someone ask me to swap for my #17, but I can't remember who it was and can't find the request. If anyone wants #17, let me know. I have no attachment to it.

Riviera Paradise and patmoon89 like this.
  19. patmoon89 May 29, 2017

Maybe we should make this a separate thread? I think this could get outta hand....

Forgot to say I have #0725

20. jpizzzle May 29, 2017

Agreed about starting a new thread
    JP

Edited May 30, 2017