Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. patmoon89 May 15, 2017

I'll be honest here...the original pics looked way better. The dials looked better when they were white rather than silver which the last picture shows. I'm sure itll be different in person (i hope).

Also, the leather strap looks sort of cheap. It looks a little too shiny. Seems like a more vintage type of leather would've matched a little better. I def think a brushed metal bracelet would look awesome. Just my 2c.

2. ras47 May 15, 2017

I put my name on the waiting list really just so Omega has me on file. I don't expect to get one, and I'm ok missing out. I got on the list a day or two after they were all spoken for so unless Speedy Tuesday is a real flop, I'm out.

I'm not in love with this model, and I not a collector. I I were to get one by some chance I'll put it away for my son and he can figure out what to do with it in 20 years or so.

3. shutterlife May 15, 2017

You guys don't want this. Just cancel your order now.

IMG_4755.JPG
  4. sensui May 15, 2017

Haha nice. I'm glad you enjoyed the event also!

fskywalker likes this.
  5. jasonrchua May 16, 2017

I already have my reservation and I am excited to get it!

Just curious, do we have confirmation if someone from the waiting list has already been given an allocation?

6. lillatroll May 16, 2017

You never can tell until you see it in person. Bottom line is that if you don't love it when you see it, don't buy it. I have neverreallt liked the look of the original speedmaster but I saw one at the airport for the first time in the flesh and I liked it a lot more than I thought. Lesson learnt.::shy::

fskywalker likes this.
  7. MCG555 May 16, 2017

Exactly! ::psy::

8. Xeer May 16, 2017

I hate to say this but I echo your views.

fskywalker likes this.
  9. Scepticalist May 16, 2017

No-one will get that call until the first reservation cancels/fails to pick it up/pay. That's not likely until it's released.

fskywalker likes this.
  10. Riviera Paradise May 16, 2017

Cell phone pictures, especially with strong shop lighting, are never a good indication of how a watch will look live on the wrist. Videos capture movement and texture on the dials better, but can still be misleading.

All I can say about the SpeedyTuesday is that I am not aware of anyone who has seen the watch live and put out a negative opinion of the watch itself...although the leather strap does not seem to be a winner...lucky for the WIS community there are dozens of after market leather strap options for any Speedy Pro:)

I actually think from previous pics the watch always looked better on the black and white Nato.
    module20-3-3.jpg

And I agree that the steel brushed bracelet could actually be a winning look...giving the watch some tool watch credentials.
    368627-ba9c2bfaae32bac498c297856f6fb9fd.jpg

The closest competitor is the Autavia re-edition. IMO the Speedy looks more elegant on the wrist, has the very cool lume, the moonwatch legacy, and should hold better value over time (repeating shutterlife's great photo below)
    390580-bf1d69ee4ccfcf129af1187e7f43902c.jpg

806b9addc0c9e00188c093f2c337e5e3.jpg
    Pic not mine, courtesy of a WUS Tag Heuer poster.

From a purely functional perspective the Autavia seems to be superior: rotating GMT bezel, date (important for some), and automatic column wheel with vertical clutch chronograph in-house calibre.

As a sporty daily wearer watch I think the Autavia looks pretty good...although I know some here on the OF would never buy a modern Tag Heuer. I have not seen any reporting on the new in-house Calibre 02 (ex CH 80) in terms of accuracy and reliability. Apparently for the Autavia, Tag Heuer opted not to get COSC certification, probably to keep costs down...then again a Speedy is not COSC certified... but my Apollo XI-45 does run pretty accurate though -3/ +3:)

Edited May 16, 2017
    ckamp, shutterlife, Linzer and 4 others like this.
  11. MCG555 May 16, 2017

Perfectly put!

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  12. ckamp May 16, 2017

Based on the posted photos, I thought the hands would look different. The finishing is almost matte silver-spraypaint. Again, so hard to tell just by photos and not in person, hesalite can do lighting tricks.

13. R3D9 May 16, 2017

Yep... I still want one...

14. MCG555 May 17, 2017

No, the hands are brushed. Fantastic feature by the way... :)

15. Maganator May 17, 2017

Do you think I'll have any problems switching my pick up point this late in the day?

Also, currently booked to collect from an OB in London. Could that be switched to an AD in Edinburgh (both U.K.)

Final question - what's the best email to contact?

16. griz84 May 17, 2017

Also in edinburgh, picking mine up from the omega boutique in Glasgow. The boutique was not on the list when ordering but I emailed them and got confirmation they are sending it to Glasgow for me.

Maganator likes this.
  17. griz84 May 17, 2017

I just replied to the confirmation email

Maganator likes this.
  18. Maganator May 17, 2017

I'll email them and see what they say. Figured it may have to be a boutique rather than an authorised dealer...

A trip to Glasgow wouldn't be too bad though.

Think that's 3 of us in Edinburgh! We should start a club :cool:

griz84 likes this.
  19. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it May 17, 2017

It doesn't need to be a boutique, I requested an AD local to me and they sent me a list of options to choose from. Much more convenient.

Hello all by the way, can't believe I finally signed up to make that reply.

semper_shells, Nespo and pascs like this.
  20. SouthernScot May 17, 2017

Welcome and hope you enjoy being on the forum, I joined a couple of months ago after much 'lurking ' and have found it friendly and informative. I'm very jealous you got a ST reservation, I only made the waiting list so don't hold out much hope of getting one!

Tet likes this.