Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. naryfx Apr 21, 2017

Yeah this is a really great. As much as I love the look of the ST now I really think the speedy tuesday reference detracts from it. Definitely would have been more of a hit on my books if it was a space shuttle LE. Still can't wait for mine though.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  2. MCG555 Apr 22, 2017

The Speedy Tuesday reference is indeed a bit "rational".
    However, the design is such a great shot, it could easily be the 50. anniversary Apollo 11!
    It will be difficult to top it!
    ::love:: :) ::psy::

BenjaminT likes this.
  3. Horologyhusky Apr 23, 2017

I am no. 18, where is my watch??? The wait is killing me [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

4. mohcawa Apr 24, 2017

RJ posted on his IG account that the ST is coming June/July. Check the comments from his most recent ST post. Straight from the man himself! :)

Jsub and Horologyhusky like this.
  5. pianomankd Apr 27, 2017

I believe they will all be "released" at the same time right? Whether it be sent to OBs, etc.?

But yes, I'm getting anxious for my No. 619!!!

6. Horologyhusky Apr 28, 2017

Based on last few limited ed, they are not released in sequence. Lower no. doesnt mean you get it first.

Beefylugs likes this.
  7. pianomankd Apr 28, 2017

Gotcha, thanks.

8. eyecon May 2, 2017

Hey everyone - first time poster here. I absolutely love the ST, but as has been discussed before on this thread, I think the international pricing is off. Now that we are getting closer to launch, I was curious if anyone has been successful in changing their pickup location? $6,500 plus tax in the U.S. is a huge difference compared to around 4,000 pounds with tax included in the U.K. I completely understand the concept of import duties, but I would assume those would have to be paid in the U.K. as well given it is coming from Switzerland. Any input would be much appreciated. Exciting times ahead!

9. Puma May 2, 2017

As I fancy a visit to London anyway, I managed to change pickup from Germany to the UK - Price there is 4100 GBP including tax.

10. azcii May 2, 2017

When did you email them about changing the pickup location? I still haven't received a reply from them.

11. eyecon May 2, 2017

If I'm not mistaken, can't you also get the taxes you paid back upon leaving the country? So it's effectively 20% cheaper, or roughly 3,280 GBP, correct?

12. Puma May 2, 2017

I emailed them back in February when I got the allocation for the ST - got the reply with confirmation for the change of pickup location a few hours later.

As I am from the EU I will most likely not get any tax refunds - don't know how that works for other countries though.

azcii likes this.
  13. padders Oooo subtitles! May 2, 2017

The ex-VAT price is £3,416 but as noted above, there is no tax reclaimable if you are travelling within the EU and it isn't all that straight forward to reclaim even if you are travelling further afield as not every dealer is set up to facilitate this. The London guys probably are though.

14. eyecon May 2, 2017

Thanks for the clarification!

15. pianomankd May 2, 2017

Wow that's great stuff.

Wish us USA could do something that easy!!

16. omegaemu May 2, 2017

Has anyone had any more news on when the OB will be getting them?
    I have ordered this and the new Apollo 17 LE and no sign of either watch until at least September it would seem :-(

17. pianomankd May 2, 2017

Nothing here. No new emails either on my end.

18. agmtflyer May 3, 2017

really cant wait to see this watch in real life

19. lillatroll May 3, 2017

With all the speculation about delivery dates I Googled about how long it takes to actually make a watch. From what I read it should only take a couple of weeks to make the watch; most of that time being reserved for testing. I also read that it is possible to put the watches together quickly so 2012 units should not take long. Now the internet is not always the most reliable source but generally speaking, it seems that it shouldn't take 6 or 7 months. I wonder if they do this as a marketing exercise to add to the exclusivity factor or if the process is a lot more complicated than I imagine.
    I think that if watch companies are going to produce a watch, especially a LE then why don't they make them beforehand and have them ready before launching them. I know there are many explanations such as gauging initial feedback etc but if you have got to the point of lift off you might as well go all in and get on with it.

fskywalker likes this.
  20. pianomankd May 3, 2017

Interesting post. I bet the testing part is the longest.