Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. MCG555 Apr 19, 2017

Yep, I guess so... well there is also a local OB waitinglist... ;)

shutterlife likes this.
  2. semper_shells Apr 19, 2017

Thanks, but this question was directed @Fatcat

3. MCG555 Apr 19, 2017

My answer was for @shutterlife ... ;)

shutterlife and semper_shells like this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 19, 2017

Back to the program

Like the little detail of the script being lumed as well image.jpeg image.jpeg

duc, lando, SpikiSpikester and 3 others like this.
  5. shutterlife Apr 19, 2017

You know, Omega subliminally hypnotized us with the lume on the subdials.

Lonestar and fskywalker like this.
  6. abrod520 Apr 19, 2017

The 1969-1976 style script! This watch is all about the details and that's why I can't wait for mine.

fskywalker, N1CK and azcii like this.
  7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 19, 2017

Removed the spam post and the posts related to it just to keep this thread on topic, no idea what he was thinking posting that here.

8. semper_shells Apr 19, 2017

Thats what I don't get when people say it's just another speedy. Aside from the social media aspect this watch is full of rich historical details.

9. azcii Apr 21, 2017

Can't wait for this watch! I hope we'll get some more information from Omega soon.

fskywalker likes this.
  10. ras47 Apr 21, 2017

I love that Omega did not go overboard on unique touches. This is still a classic Speedmaster. When you have such a great design, don't fix it until it's broken. Kudos to Omega for respecting their own design.

Riviera Paradise and fskywalker like this.
  11. tjoy89 Apr 21, 2017

Going back a few pages I am surprised that people have had no communication from Omega on their reservation other than the "story" emails that Omega is sending out. I got an email asking where I would like to pick up my LE, responded with an AD not on the main list they included, and a confirmation that the watch will be sent there, all on 2/28. Have some people really not heard anything at all?

fskywalker likes this.
  12. abrod520 Apr 21, 2017

They're not sending much out proactively, but if you contact them with a question they'll respond - I switched my pickup boutique a few weeks ago and they got back to me within a week or so.

13. tjoy89 Apr 21, 2017

I figured that they would have gone down the list with pickup locations for all the reservations so far, but reading back a bit it seems like that hasn't been the case and some people have still not had the opportunity to choose their pickup location.

14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 21, 2017

Did you pick other on reservation

15. jpizzzle Apr 21, 2017

Anyone else struggling to choose between the ST and the white ceramic Daytona? Different price ranges, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one on a Daytona list.

Yes, I know, buy both!

fskywalker likes this.
  16. jepoole Apr 21, 2017

I'm struggling between ST and the new Moonphase. The ST will likely win because they Moonphase will always be there in the future, and all the new co-axial Speedmasters look massive when I wear them.

Riviera Paradise and fskywalker like this.
  17. fskywalker Apr 21, 2017

What about the "older" moonphase? Just picked up one up and think my ST will be "for sale" [emoji6]

IMG_5436.JPG

duc, Lou P and jepoole like this.
  18. jepoole Apr 21, 2017

That is an option! The dial on the new Moonphase is just stunning. Now sure what special sauce they poured into it, but I like it!

I'm 99% sure I'll keep my ST reservation, but just tempted to look around! I was all in on the Planet Ocean as my next piece, but it keeps getting put on the back burner.

fskywalker likes this.
  19. alohatime Apr 21, 2017

dibs ! :D

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  20. Riviera Paradise Apr 21, 2017

I have often thought that the ST design could also have been an excellent Space Shuttle LE...the panda dial reminds me of the black and white tiles on the Orbiter and there is the Alaska Project dial ref. after all.
    edu_orbiter_large.jpg

There are currently four modern Speedies that make me drool: the XI-45 (purchased), the ST (reserved), the FOIS, and the new Speedy Racing Master Co-Axial...which I have not seen live...but I am falling in love with the white and silver dial SS options.

If the ST were not a hot-ticket reservation required LE, I might have actually waited to see the SS Racing live first, before choosing which one (ST/Racing) to buy first!

A few years back I would have thought it a bit ridiculous to consider having four Speedmasters in my collection...to be honest, I still feel it is an absurd proposition! Now the Speedy sirens have taken over the OF...and we no longer have hyperactive Squirrels to protect the poor mariners from their fate!

Bushido, shutterlife and naryfx like this.