Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. blokk Apr 17, 2017

As these are sold mostly online and fully reserved, do they still need sample pieces for display?

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 17, 2017

Showing a watch that sold out so quick, smart marketing. People that pre ordered , missed out will go to have a look. " Bam " they are in the OB and that's what it's all about ;)

Longbow and munichblue like this.
  3. munichblue Apr 17, 2017

It's still a business. :cool:

4. N1CK Apr 17, 2017

Folks holla if any of the London OBs get a display model

Ewellblue likes this.
  5. Ewellblue Apr 17, 2017

Interesting you was told June/July when I was told August at the earliest by the OB in Sloane St. I wonder if they are just guessing or the role out on these is going to take a few months?
    Seeing as I'm new to all this does anyone know how long the snoopy for instance took to role out from first watch to last?
    Financially for me August works better but at the end of the day funds will be found somewhere if it's earlier!!

6. gbh76 Apr 17, 2017

It'll be simply down to guesswork. My guess would be 2-3 months from the 1st delivery to them completing all deliveries.

The snoopy isn't a great example to compare as it took forever to complete the entire production run due to difficulties with the case back engravings on that model.

The CK2998 seemed to come out in 2 distinct batches, as a couple of months after initial release a lot suddenly appeared at ADs/OBs and were fairly easy to find at RRP, at least in the U.K.

7. 2nastie Apr 17, 2017

I think it all depends on your location. It will probably get released in batches and sent over country by country or whatever systematic approach they use. The guidance they gave is apparently what they've been told to anticipate and I'm sure we are all fully aware that it usuallly takes longer than expected anyways. I can wait for the watch but seeing a sample piece in the meantime would be awesome.

Sproughton likes this.
  8. ck77 Apr 18, 2017

Yes, got the answer from Omega below,

IMG_4274.JPG
  9. Albe100 Apr 18, 2017

I have 5 speedmaster and rules are meant to be broken!
    If you decide to part with the albino please send me a PM, would be willing to discuss breaking my rule of 5 speedmasters in my collection :)

citizenbogdan likes this.
  10. Travelhomedad Apr 18, 2017

I am planning on picking this up one Hong Kong.
    Congrats on owning the albino and the hulk. I thought a one brand when I had the 3572.50 until I found the OG Mitsukoshi and after that it changed my mind. You will find what suits your collection and if it means owning an extra speedy, it's just meant to be. There is never enough Speedy

citizenbogdan likes this.
  11. citizenbogdan Apr 18, 2017

Thank you! :) Write me after I get my ST. :) Who knows...

Albe100 and gbh76 like this.
  12. blokk Apr 18, 2017

Anyone in the U.K. who ordered and was asked to put a deposit? Wonder what the allocation is for UK.

13. gbh76 Apr 18, 2017

I don't think anyone has paid a deposit, certainly not through the omega online ordering system.
    I read somewhere that ~430 watches were for collection in the U.K. (May be skewed by foreign buyers electing to collect in U.K. Due to weak pound)

14. chows99 Apr 18, 2017

I wonder which country is the most advantageous for people staying in Asia?

15. N1CK Apr 19, 2017

Nope, no deposit as of yet. Although I suppose it's possible they could still ask for one.

16. MCG555 Apr 19, 2017

No. You will be contacted when your watch is ready for pick up at a OB. They reserve it for you for 30 days. You pick it up and pay. If you don't pick it up it will be sold otherwise (waiting list).

17. semper_shells Apr 19, 2017

This is very interesting, where did you get this info?

dukerules likes this.
  18. shutterlife Apr 19, 2017

Where did you hear this from? If that's the case, I doubt the OB will send it back to Omega to cover the waiting list, and will just call up their own VIP who wasn't able to purchase.

19. semper_shells Apr 19, 2017

Same here...We should have a cup o coffee and discuss our giddyness. lol

20. MCG555 Apr 19, 2017

Directly from Omega's HQ.
    I asked this question before I made the reservation in January... ;)

semper_shells likes this.