Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Sproughton Apr 15, 2017

And yet you demonstrate once more that you don't; you have proved that multiple times now. I'm not saying it becomes more valuable, or that it becomes desirable, but it does make it unique. You're the one who tried to take it to extremes with your sarcastic response below:

One again proving that you either don't know what it means or are ignoring the literal definition wilfully.

Look, I will never generally refer to a mass produced watch as unique. But you pedantically picked up on a point in the Omega e-mail and then took it to an extreme to prove a point. Your example actually outlines the very definition of unique.

Quite simple really

2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 15, 2017

Two things occur to me:

1. Let's draw a line under the debate about what "unique" means. There can't be much juice left to squeeze out of what was a pretty narrow point to start with. It's also irrelevant - we all know this is a LE with a set number for production. Debating a single word in a marketing communication doesn't alter that.

2. Has anyone actually had it confirmed that the price is dictated by the country of pick up and not your country of usual residence, or is this just as assumption?

I ask because I've been trying to track down a specific JLC recently & was looking into souring one from boutiques in other countries. JLC operate on the basis that the price is the price charged by my nearest boutique (London) - even if London are out of stock & l arrange to visit the Paris boutique to buy their stock. This is despite the fact that the Euro price in Paris is £750 more than the £stag price. That is, if I just walked off the street in Paris I'd pay their list price. If I ordered it in London & travelled to Paris to collect, they'd charge me the London list price.

I'm not saying all brands do it this way. Just wondering why everyone is thinking they will definitely save money by coming to London to pick up a watch ordered from their home country.

3. Ewellblue Apr 15, 2017

Totally off subject (we'll sort off) but it would be great to sort out a London meet the day these are realeased!! A few beers and what could be the worlds largest #ST group shot!

Marku, Pibbow, Mr Gadget and 3 others like this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Apr 15, 2017

Stratford, Westfield, Bond Street, Regent Street, Royal Exchange, Sloane Street... No information on how the watches will be distributed or when... could be challenging. ;)

You know there's a monthly GTG in London yeah?

https://omegaforums.net/threads/tim...day-18th-april-2017-2-spaces-remaining.55223/

SpikiSpikester, fskywalker and N1CK like this.
  5. patmoon89 Apr 15, 2017

My OB in Tyson's (VA) told me delivery is set for June.

They also told me they would call me once my watch arrives and that I would pay at the boutique. No online buying or anything like that

semper_shells and fskywalker like this.
  6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 15, 2017

Maybe I will bump into you there. I have to imagine i will get out there within a day of being notified.

semper_shells likes this.
  7. 2nastie Apr 16, 2017

Admins?

Can you ban this guys IP address. It's pretty evident that this is the same troll over and over again.

Every time this guy leaves and comes back... jdm_si, speedolex or whatever their users are...

8. citizenbogdan Apr 16, 2017

Hello guys!
    I feel like this is the right post to introduce myself because this ST really is a stunning piece and I am proud to have one reserved. I am a long time lurker but... well here I am. The "problem" I have with this particular watch is that it is so beautiful that I am face to face with a very difficult decision.
    Because my self imposed collecting rules are that I will only have one watch of each brand I chose to be a Speedmaster guy. (I had other models too but in the end the only Omega I have and will have will be a Speedy). I had three Speedmaster models so far but the one that really won my heart over is my beloved Albino, a Omega watch that I strongly believed will never leave my side. BUT... the day came when ST was announced and I jumped out of my chair and clicked my way into reserving one. So good! BUT, again... what will I do... I promised myself to have only one watch of each brand (for diversity) and now I am facing a real possibility of having two (not only Omega) but Speedys? :) Well.. here is my Albino: (and my keeper Rolex)

16403112_1789522154647106_2016674354885679200_o.jpg image1.JPG
    Travelhomedad, TJH, chows99 and 3 others like this.
  9. lillatroll Apr 16, 2017

Your options are:
    1stick to your rule
    2 don't stick to your rule
    3 make an exception to rule 1
    4 make a new rule stating that rule 1 was a stupid rule and should be ignored.

TJH, lando, jv91 and 7 others like this.
  10. Ewellblue Apr 16, 2017

Didn't know and thanks for the heads up, still new to all this. I'm on duty at work on Tuesday but will be keeping an eye out for the next one. Thanks mate

11. arcadelt Apr 16, 2017

I understand the importance of sticking to your watch collecting philosophy, so being unencumbered by such a rule I am willing to take your watch off you at no cost to you so that you do not need to break any of your rules. This is just an unselfish community service I am willing to provide so please PM me so that we can make arrangements, thus allowing you to avoid this terrible predicament you find yourself in.

12. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 16, 2017

Let's all cool down here. The accounts for jdm_si, speedolex & A.N.Other are coming from different IP addresses.

Play nice like everyone else, or don't play.

There is a reporting tool & the mods will evaluate any conduct complained of. It's better to use that than making things worse by firing off public insults like bullets in a wild west gunfight.

adi4, arcadelt and fskywalker like this.
  13. 2nastie Apr 16, 2017

Having a laugh? It's just very coincidental to have 3 new and "different" members join the forum make comments about specific threads, leaves after getting everyone all riled up, and then a week or two later another person joins and makes similar types of arguments.

Either it is the same person or coincidently just 3 different people decided to join the forum just to comment on this thread and repeat the same type of arguements over and over again.

This is an observation based on the trends...

And thank you admins for checking IPs. Cheers!

14. sensui Apr 16, 2017

Controversial lol..... It's a watch either you like it or not it's personal taste. Never understand why people waste time to comment with negativity on pieces they don't care for. You can just move on.

15. 2nastie Apr 16, 2017

Now back on topic. Was by the OB over the weekend. They've mentioned to me that delivery was set for end of June/beginning of July. Might have a chance of getting the sample pieces next month to look at.

Can't wait! :D

16. jepoole Apr 16, 2017

That is great news, thank you for sharing! I have been mentally preparing for August or later.

17. Ru4scuba Apr 16, 2017

Good to know thanks for the info!

jepoole likes this.
  18. chows99 Apr 16, 2017

I hope the watch I reserved is not a sample piece for people to touch! I will really scrutinize my purchase upon collection

19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 16, 2017

I don't think that's how they do it. Displays are usually 000/2012 and they send them to the high traffic OBs ( would say display in a case )
    Think about it. Being sold out they are not going to let people try them on as if they can sell them one..........

2nastie likes this.
  20. 2nastie Apr 17, 2017

OBs in particular usually get sample pieces for display or "previews" before the watches arrive. Numbered or limited editions usually have 000/XXXX. A mini Basel-ish for locals to see.