Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Monkey Nutter Apr 15, 2017

You didn't - it says it on the Omega extract you quoted...re look at your original post - For some reason it didn't include that bit when I responded

2. corn18 Apr 15, 2017

Well, mine will have a 17 engraved on the back and no one else's will, so that makes it unique.

Mad Dog, tyrantlizardrex and STANDY like this.
  3. Monkey Nutter Apr 15, 2017

WOW! so if I buy a regular speedy and get it engraved with a number will that become unique as well?? ..... excuse me while I walk over to the other side of the room and bang my head against the wall for a few minutes...

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 15, 2017

Thank you for reserving your OMEGA Speedmaster "Speedy Tuesday" with the Limited Edition number 1861/2012. I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing this unique and collectable timepiece.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Raynald Aeschlimann, OMEGA President & CEO

Mine will be unique also ;)

fskywalker likes this.
  5. corn18 Apr 15, 2017

11 posts and endearing yourself to the community already. Congratulations!

KstateSkier, Marku, Lonestar and 8 others like this.
  6. Monkey Nutter Apr 15, 2017

just stating a fact... if there are 2012 of something it 'aint unique.

7. Sproughton Apr 15, 2017

Actually no, you weren't stating a fact. But you were being wilfully ignorant to what the word unique means.

If you engrave a random number on the back of a speedmaster that doesn't exist on any other one in the world, then by very definition, it will be unique.

STANDY likes this.
  8. Monkey Nutter Apr 15, 2017

Actually yes I was stating a fact. The Speedy Tuesday isn't a unique watch. Its a limited edition of 2012 numbered units. That's all.

To use your logic, every single watch in the world becomes unique as soon as it gets any kind of mark or scratch that no other watch in the world has.

9. Fatcat Apr 15, 2017

Discussing this morning at the Omega Shop in Geneva about all this special series, Snoopy , Speedy Tuesday the fact looks like the market value of the Speedy Tuesday in already at 12k , for a watch is even not build , really interested to know the % of Collector and speculators

fskywalker likes this.
  10. duc Apr 15, 2017

You could just give this a rest. You post nice photos. Why don't you stick with that for awhile. This shite is tedious and no one here wants it.

adi4, SpikiSpikester and Rodmar like this.
  11. Monkey Nutter Apr 15, 2017

no problem...im done here anyways but tbh I just think this whole 'Speedy Tuesday' thing has devalued the Omega brand in my opinion.

Not taking anything away from the watch itself, that's fine, but what is it actually celebrating?.

Omega get enough criticism as it is for the sheer number of Speedmaster variants they produce, this just seems like a special edition for the sake of a special edition.

Celebrating Omegas long and special relationship with NASA and the space program is one thing, but celebrating an internet blog site that's been running for a whole 5 years? Really?

What's next the 'Speedy Instagram'? or the 'Speedy Snapchat'?

I just think its ridiculous of Omega to claim this watch is unique when its clearly just another limited edition in the long list of previous and no doubt future limited editions of the Speedmaster family.

12. munichblue Apr 15, 2017

If there's a nice story linked with a special edition it's nice - if not, I don't care. I do care about Speedmaster watches and from time to time Omega launched a very nice variation of a Speedy and I bought it. What's wrong with this?

C'mon Omega, make more limited editions for your avid collectors. :D

Ree and fskywalker like this.
  13. ras47 Apr 15, 2017

If history is a barometer, I'd guess 5% or less. That's my math and a fair degree of geusstimation though. Traditionally, the ST's have bigger production runs than other collectibles like Silver Snoopys. And as folks realize there is some good money in flipping these quickly while the fervor of frustrated collectors who missed out is highest, you get people watching the clock for release time waiting to hit the Enter key on their laptops. Kinda like ComicCon fans waiting for tickets to go on sale. Some flippers will put them out quickly while others will pack the ST away and let it season for a few years.

fskywalker likes this.
  14. lillatroll Apr 15, 2017

I think the watch is stunning. I am not a fan of the regular Speedmaster. I reserved one of these speedytuesdays because I think it is a beautifully cool looking watch. I would have to be offered stupid amounts of money to give it up for the sake of profit and I suspect that most of those who reserved one feel the same.
    My main argument for this, is that you have to be a watch fan to even know of its existence when they were put out for reservation and were reserved quickly; so the proportion dealers and profiteers wanting to get it just to flip it is probably quite small.
    Now,with all the hype, it might be a case of people will be offered silly money and find it hard to say no but again I think the numbers will be low. Hopefully owners will enjoy the watch and secondary market prices stay sane.

N1CK and fskywalker like this.
  15. Sproughton Apr 15, 2017

Actually no, you weren't stating a fact. And yes, if you get a unique scratch on a watch, then it is a unique watch.

If you don't know what unique means, that's your issue, no-one else's.

fskywalker likes this.
  16. tyrantlizardrex Apr 15, 2017

If nothing else, the release of this watch is drawing all the spiteful, rude, ignorant trolls out of the woodwork... I can only assume they're in a grump because they didn't get a reservation?

17. chows99 Apr 15, 2017

Not sure why there are people go bashing Omega for celebrating a online movement. This is already the internet era. Shouldn't we move with the times?

fskywalker and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  18. tyrantlizardrex Apr 15, 2017

The thing I find really weird, is hunting out a forum post, and then registering, just to hurl abuse.

19. abrod520 Apr 15, 2017

Noted this earlier today too

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  20. Monkey Nutter Apr 15, 2017

Sproughton - you are completely misinterpreting the whole thread and are dissecting its content to the 'enth degree for no other reason than to provoke a reaction.

Your comments are quite ridiculous that a simple scratch on a watch makes it a unique watch!

Obviously I know what the word unique means