Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday Limited Edition (Arrivals)

1. Ewellblue Apr 11, 2017

Just go at back from the OB in Sloane st (London) and had a chat with a very nice lady who informed me it's going to be August before they get them delivered. She also gave me useless fact of the day (well I found it interesting mind) the UK have sold/have reservations for 433 units more than any other country. She also said they are still getting 3/4 calls every day from customers wanting to buy!!

AK1, fskywalker and MarcInVA like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 11, 2017

I have a feeling the time zone played into that fact, hence why the west coast US guys were so disappointed.

fskywalker and alohatime like this.
  3. N1CK Apr 11, 2017

Damn was hoping would be July so it could be a bday present to myself.

Amazingly that means 20% of all buyers are from UK!

Wonder how many of those swapped to UK as pick-up point.

fskywalker likes this.
  4. fskywalker Apr 11, 2017

Well, my birthday is August [emoji2]; Mine is one of those 433 units as changed pickup to UK

Edited Apr 11, 2017
    N1CK likes this.
  5. MarcInVA Apr 11, 2017

New poster here, but the Speedy Tuesday was one of my inspirations for joining here was to talk about this and a few others. I'm hoping against hope that it arrives in July before my trip overseas in August. Any idea when they're likely to contact us for the payment? I don't want to miss out because of a vacation schedule....

Lonestar and fskywalker like this.
  6. Scepticalist Apr 11, 2017

Did you confirm that you get the UK price? Seems to me that Omega will be taking payment before delivery surely, as one option is home delivery?

fskywalker likes this.
  7. fskywalker Apr 11, 2017

I plan to pick it up at London, so would pay local price there. I would imagine that if Omega request a payment online before delivery to the boutique, they would charge the buyer based on the price that applies to the selected location. Some people here believe that is not going to happen and payment will be made at pickup.

8. bokbok Apr 11, 2017

9. marcuscarcus Apr 11, 2017

How many of these are going immediately to the 2nd hand market?

10. shutterlife Apr 11, 2017

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for getting one while on the waiting list. Hopefully some become available when it's time to pay. Or they somehow find those with multiple watch reserved and remove them completely for being greedy. And if I don't get one, ohh well. I'll pick up my first Rolex.

Ru4scuba and gbh76 like this.
  11. gbh76 Apr 11, 2017

Unfortunately I now think with the speculation about immediately trading above list price very few people will pass on their allocation.

I completely agree re those with multiple reservations, I suspect the number of such people will be relatively small, probably too small for omega to justify the time and effort to seek them out and strip their multiple reservations.

12. Scepticalist Apr 12, 2017

Possibly, but I don't see any incentive for the dealer in taking payment, especially if you pay by credit card incurring them charges. Ah well, I suspect it'll all work out :)

13. lillatroll Apr 12, 2017

I hope it comes in july, I am only home for two weeks, so if it doesn t turn up in July it will be another 12 months before I am back in the UK again. I am used to waiting long periods of time before seeing my watches, due to living in foreign countriesbut another 12 months might be pushing it.

fskywalker likes this.
  14. fskywalker Apr 12, 2017

Hopefully Omega will be accommodating cases like yours and allow you to pay for it over the phone (credit card, wire, etc.) if you missed your window, allowing someone you select to pick it up or shipping it to you elsewhere.

Edited Apr 12, 2017
    lillatroll likes this.
  15. chows99 Apr 12, 2017

anyone collecting their ST speedy in asia? Where is the lowest priced so far?

16. lillatroll Apr 12, 2017

I will pay for it when I am home and get my dad or sister to pick it up and put it in a safe, so that is not really a problem. The problem is I won't be able to enjoy wearing it for a long time. :)

fskywalker likes this.
  17. mohcawa Apr 13, 2017

What is the import tax on the watch if I buy it in the UK or Canada? Currently I'm set for pick-up in the US. Just wondering how much money I can save, and if it's worth all the trouble to buy it outside the US.

18. arcadelt Apr 13, 2017

Import tax is not the only tax you need to consider. You also need to consider the UK VAT, which you might be able to save if you can claim it back.

19. Monkey Nutter Apr 15, 2017

No disrespect, but its not 'Unique' is it? There are 2012 of 'em...just sayin'

20. corn18 Apr 15, 2017

@Monkey Nutter, Where did I use the word "Unique" in my post? just sayin'